Major Nelson has confirmed that the FREE Games with Gold game for July is in fact NOT Assassin’s Creed 2 or Halo 3, but some cheap nasty Xbox LIVE Arcade game instead. Defence Grid The Awakening will be free on the marketplace for Xbox LIVE Gold Subscribers today.
Major Nelson tries to defend the E3 Press Briefing which heavily misled press and gamers to believe that the Games with Gold would start with Assassin’s Creed II and Halo 3.
FAQ: “Halo 3” and “Assassin’s Creed II" were mentioned as part of the program – no date was given for their release http://t.co/vjnE1sBAYj
However, from the video clip of E3 below, the exact wording used to describe Assassin’s Creed II and Halo 3 as part of the Games with Gold was “and to kick off that program I’d like to share just two of the titles we’re going to offer over the next few months – Assassin’s Creed two, and Halo three”
This week, according to MajorNelson, the Xbox Live Marketplace will kick off the “Ultimate Game Sale” and listed below are some of the upcoming titles that are scheduled to be discounted. There will be different titles on-sale at different times during the week, and keep an eye out on the dashboard or Xbox.com for more information daily over the course of the next week.
To read our review of each title, click the links where applicable:
Some of the titles listed were already part of a big Xbox Live sale during February this year which saw games discounted to around a third off their RRP Price, but still relatively more expensive than buying used.
Let us know in the comments box below if you’ve grabbed a bargain this week or likely to not bother?
State of Decay – the massively popular best-selling Xbox LIVE Arcade title has been patched for the 2nd time and the update is rolling out now across Xbox LIVE. Below you will find a complete list of patch notes detailing story fixes and other noble improvements to the game.
– Fixed story getting blocked if you refuse Quentin’s request to talk to the sheriff.
– Fixed soldier and zombie pathing in “The Armory” mission.
– Fixed character getting stuck in passenger seat if hit by a zombie right when you enter the vehicle.
– Corrected displayed weapon type for Hockey Stick.
– It is no longer possible to establish an Outpost or relocate your Home while on a mission.
– Enabled V-sync to eliminate screen tearing.
– Find Missing Survivor mission opportunity timeouts increased from 30 to 60 minutes.
– All mission opportunity timeouts pause while not playing.
– Fixed Leaderboard crashing for profiles with a large number of friends on the SoD Leaderboards.
– Fixed incorrect camera angle in final mission.
– Reduced frequency of “I brought you a pony…” line.
– Fixed rucksacks falling through floor and being unrecoverable. Rucksacks are now moved to an easily accessible location within the same building.
– You can now manufacture homemade painkillers in the Medical Lab.
– Stockpiles that are over the maximum storage provided by your current Facilities (the “cap”) will no longer drain while you are not playing. Instead, Stockpiles that exceed the cap will drain every five minutes of play at the following rate: 2 if you’re 100% over, 1.5 if you’re 50% over, and 1 if you’re 15% over.
– Improved awareness of Stockpiles that are over the cap. The Assets page now displays both the current amount and cap for each Stockpile. Stockpile amounts that are over the cap will be displayed in yellow, both in the Assets page and the Home Status panel.
– Influence in excess of Fame no longer drains while you are not playing. Influence in excess of Fame drains for every five minutes of play at the following rate: 2 if you’re 100% over, 1.5 if you’re 50% over, and 1 if you’re 15% over.
– The rate at which Stockpiles are consumed no longer factors in the number of missions played during the current day. It was causing Stockpile consumption to be too high.
– Fixed a bug that caused some characters to be given 100 ammo.
– The “Too many infestations!” to-do item is now properly cleared if you relocate your Home to a site with fewer than two infestations within 500m.
– Fixed several areas on the map where the player can get stuck.
– Fixed several pockets of deep water.
– Fixed a bug that could cause unexpectedly large numbers of zombies to spawn near the Mt. Tanner cabins.
– Fixed a bug that caused games with large communities to fail to load.
– Fixed a bug that allowed players to get stuck in the abandoned farm house north of Marshall.
– Removed several sections of fencing around warehouse near fairgrounds to improve navigation for missions in the area.
– Made it easier to navigate fairgrounds in vehicles.
– Adjusted draw distance of dynamically generated vehicles to match pre-placed vehicles.
– Fixed a bug that caused character to become stuck in a falling state when dropping from a ladder into a group of zombies.
– Fixed a bug that prevented weapon durability from being reduced by certain combat moves.
– Made it easier to execute “Double Kill” move.
– Fixed a bug that caused a Feral zombie to react incorrectly if you dodged while he was leaping.
– Fixed a bug that briefly displayed debug text in the main menu after selecting a storage device.
– Made major adjustments to Facility action times to make Facilities more useful during the current play session:
– Globally changed Want delays from 1 real-time day to 4 real-time hours.
– Duration of Fitness Regimen, Combat Training, Big Meal, Feast, and Firearms Practice changed from 3 real-time days to 2 game-time hours (where “game time” means time playing the game, not counting time that elapses while you are paused or logged out) so you get the full benefit of the bonus while you are actually playing the game.
– Cooldown on Big Meal and Feast changed from 22 real-time hours to 3 game-time hours. This means your community is “full” for 1 game-time hour after the effects of Big Meal and Feast wear off before the Facility actions can be used again.
– Trade Opportunity action time changed from 1 real-time day to 90 real-time minutes.
– Train Outsiders action time changed from 1 real-time day to 90 real-time minutes.
– Preservation Attempt action time changed from 3 real-time days to 90 real-time minutes.
– Create Biodiesel action time changed from 3 real-time days to 90 real-time minutes.
– All Library research actions changed from 2 real-time days to 4 real-time hours.
– You now receive a Stockpile bonus upon claiming a new Home site. Each site comes with a specific number of Stockpiles, based on the size and number of Facility sockets in the site.
– Fixed a pathing bug that caused zombies to get stuck in the floor during a “Besieged” mission.
– Added a “Stick Sensitivity” option.
– The game will now repair saves affected by a bug fixed in TU1 that could cause Lily to be killed by the simulation.
– Characters selected for Mercy Shot mission can no longer recover from their injuries.
– Mercy Shot missions can no longer select playable characters.
– Moved “Horde Alerted!” banner higher on the screen and reduced size to avoid interfering with driving.
– If you move your Home site when a Trade Opportunity mission opportunity is active, the mission opportunity now relocates to the new Home site.
– Lily no longer reminds you to come to the final mission site. It was annoying during sandbox play after winning final mission.
– Edged weapons are now effective against Feral zombies.
– Fixed bug relating to Juggernaut reactions to incendiaries.
– Fixed a bug that notified you of simulation events affecting NPCs that are not in your community.
– Searching for Stockpiles with the radio is now more reliable.
– Fixed bug causing stimulants to have permanent effect. Stimulants such as coffee and energy drinks now properly wear off over time.
– Improved music track selection logic.
If you’ve yet to update State of Decay, for fear of the bugs inflicted by the first title update, you’ll be pleased to learn that the second patch includes all the first’s alterations, as below.
– Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation
– Workshop now repairs weapons and vehicles at game dawn rather than the next real-world day.
– Reduced cooldown times of commands in the Radio Menu, notably Words of Encouragement, Words of Inspiration, and Medical Advice.
– NPCs no longer get stuck behind the counter or on the stairs at the gun shop in Spencer’s Mill.
– The “Too many infestations!” event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
– The “Too many infestations” to-do item is now cleared when there is only one remaining infestation within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
– You must now be close to the ranger station for the Memento mission scene to play. Previously you would be teleported to the station if you left before the end of the mission.
– Community members will properly interact with Facilities in your home. Previously they would stop after a period of time.
– Feral zombie now properly dodges vehicles approaching at an angle.
– NPCs will now reliably reach warehouse between Mt. Tanner and Spencer’s Mill when called to gather supplies.
– You can now punch out through the windshield of a vehicle if both doors are blocked.
– Zombies and NPCs no longer get stuck behind the grocery store in Marshall.
– NPCs now properly move to the proper location during cinematic scenes.
– Zombies no longer fall through floor in the Marshall courthouse.
– Zombies can no longer get under porch or floor at the Wilkerson’s farmhouse.
Check out the latest trailer for PES 2014 from Konami.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 centers everything on the ball including how it moves and how players use it. First touch and sublime control are what set certain players apart from others. The ability to not only read a pass, but to be one step ahead and to know what is needed to gain yards on an encroaching defender. Trueball Tech allows the player to trap or knock on a pass using the analogue stick with detailed bar-centric physics determining the weight shift of the player and the height and speed of the pass, as to how the player’s body will automatically shape to receive it. The Pro Evolution Soccer series has long since treated the ball as an individual entity, allowing the player huge amounts of freedom to pass into space, run on to a knocked-on counter, or produces short triangular passes to make space. Trueball Tech adds even more freedom, with full 360-degree control within several yards around the player and the ability to shield the ball from opposing players, use deft controls to wrong-foot them, and intuitive methods to master close control.
Doodle Jump, from Lima Sky, is now playable on the big-screen as Doodle Jump for Kinect brings the flagship franchise’s cherished mascot, whimsical art style, and vertically scrolling design to Xbox 360 Kinect gamers.
Doodle Jump for Kinect blends the series’ traditional gameplay with a new and intuitive gesture and motion control system, delivering a completely unique play scheme that even veteran Doodle Jump fans will find fresh and engaging. It also adds a host of additional features, including three original worlds to scale, robust power-ups, and challenging boss battles and achievements. Together with its charmingly cartoonish characters and intuitive gameplay, Doodle Jump for Kinect is a play experience perfect for gamers of all ages.
Doodle Jump for Kinect is available now for download on Xbox Live as an arcade game for Xbox 360 for 400 Microsoft Points.
Love it or hate it, you’ve not yet played it! But if you are looking forward to Microsoft’s new Xbox One console due for release this year – then show your support with a FREE Xbox One branded Avatar T-Shirt.
If you want to go right ahead and queue the freebie to your Xbox 360 console then click the links below:
The Male edition is here, and the female one can be found here.
Mastertronic in cooperation with Croteam and Devolver Digital, has announced the upcoming release of ‘The Serious Sam Collection’ a spectacular compendium of the iconic Serious Sam games on Xbox 360.
Described as a benchmark first person shooter, Serious Sam follows the adventures of Sam “Serious” Stone and his fight against the forces of the notorious extra-terrestrial overlord Mental who seeks to destroy humanity. The Serious Sam Collection contains some of the most legendary games in the series, allowing lifetime Serious Sam fans and newcomers alike a chance to blast through some of the most iconic shooters of all time. Fight off relentless onslaughts of outlandish enemies and revel in the gloriously over-the-top action that has become the trademark of the Serious Sam series.
The Serious Sam Collection will include:
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter – A fully remastered version of the landmark first-person shooter from Croteam that changed the shooter scene forever.
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter – The legendary follow-up hit in glorious high-definition.
Serious Sam 3: BFE + Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile DLC – Serious Sam reclaims his throne as the king of indie shooters with a triumphant return to awesome in Serious Sam 3 and the epic expansion pack, Jewel of the Nile.
Serious Sam Double D XXL – A side-scrolling shoot-fest that reimagines Serious Sam as a classic 2D shooter featuring one of the craziest weapons of all-time – the Gunstacker!
Ultimate nostalgia for Serious Sam fans and a thrilling find for gamers new to the series, The Serious Sam Collection is a must-have. Get big guns, travel in time, save the world. Seriously.
The Serious Sam Collection will release on Xbox 360 on 12th July 2013.
When you next fire up Black Ops 2 on your console, a huge prompt will remind you of the Double XP weekend event so there is no excuse for forgetting soldiers…
The next Map Pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, “Vengeance” will be available on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace from July 2nd and brings with it four new multiplayer maps, a new bonus weapon for Zombies, and a new Zombie playground to get stuck into!
Although Xbox One App development is still unclear, Microsoft at the Build developers conference in San Francisco teased that Windows 8 Apps could run on the upcoming Xbox One console.
Steve Guggenheimer, vice president of Microsoft’s Developer & Platform Evangelism group stated:
Xbox one has two engines, it’s got a gaming engine and it essentially has a Windows 8 engine … If you want to know about how to get a head start about thinking about developing for Xbox One, the logical thing to do is go build Windows 8 applications.
In addition, a new collaboration was announced with Unity Technologies, the provider of Unity multi-platform game engine and developer tools that will make it even easier for developers to bring popular games, entertainment and apps to all Microsoft platforms.
Guggenheimer also quoted:
Unity has established itself not only as an incredible development toolset and engine, but as a significant force for creative freedom and innovation in the games development community. With Unity’s commitment to support Windows 8, Windows Phone 8, Xbox One and Xbox 360, Microsoft’s gaming ecosystem will benefit from the wealth of ideas and imagination flowing from the Unity games development community.
Expect a ton of weather, stocks, feed apps and social networking enhancement apps when Microsoft open the Xbox One App floodgates!
The latest update for Treyarch’s Call of Duty: Black Ops II has been given the green light and is available to download as of now when you next sign into the games servers. A complete list of updates and fixes is given below:
Multiplayer issues addressed
Addressed an issue reported by the community where camos and reticles would change or disappear.
Addressed an issue reported by the community where players could run away with the bomb in a Search and Destroy or Demolition match.
Addressed an issue reported by the community where players could become invincible for a period of time.
Resolved an exploit reported by the community where players could receive a secondary weapon in the primary slot in Create a Class.
Fixed an issue with friendly Stealth Choppers attacking friendly AGR’s in Free for All.
Fixed a map exploit on Turbine that allowed the player to hide inside of a rock.
Fixed an issue where the Emblems and Calling Cards were not updating for a 2nd profile signed in as a Split-Screen user.
Fixed an issue with the “NEW” text appearing next to the Personalize Weapon prompt when there was nothing new.
Zombies Issues Addressed
Resolved an issue where downs received in a Solo Match counted as deaths on the Global Leaderboards.
Fixed an issue that prevented the host from launching a Grief or Turned Custom Game.
Mob of the Dead
Addressed an issue reported by the community where players could avoid zombie attacks in corners and near perk machines.
Addressed an issue reported by the community where players could activate the electric chair on the bridge while being in last stand.
Addressed an issue reported by the community where players could reach the top of the closed gate at the docks.
Addressed an issue reported by the community where players would die when boarding the gondola at the docks.
Fixed an issue with the M1927 that caused it to do lower damage at mid-range.
Fixed an issue where the sniper tower trap could fire on players.
Fixed an issue where screenshots would be distorted or corrupted when saved.
Fixed several map holes where players could enter unplayable sections of the map.