Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios have released a number of free updates to their free, final-frontier themed RPG, Star Trek Online. Today, they can boldy announce the release of the next free update to hit the title, Agents of Yesterday.
All Star Trek timelines and universes clash when enemies threaten to destroy the past during Agents of Yesterday. This calls for the recruitment of the bravest and boldest bridge officers to become Temporal Agents and protect the Federation.
Create a new captain from Star Trek: The Original Series and command one of several 23rd Century Starships to explore nostalgic locations taken directly from the television show that started one of the most popular science fiction franchies of all time. This expansion will also feature exciting characters from the original series voiced by a star-studded crew, including Walter Koenig reprising his role as Chekov and Chris Doohan (James Doohan’s son) as Scotty among others.
The Agents of Yesterday update will include:
- New Sub-Faction: Players can access the new tutorial section to begin their new adventure as a captain from Star Trek: The Original Series.
- New Missions: Captains can earn rewards by participating in over a dozen Original Series themed missions.
- New Starships: Agents of Yesterday adds over a dozen new starships from every era, including the famous 23rd Century Constitution Class Starship to the 31st Century Chronos-class Temporal Dreadnought.
- New Specialisation Tree: After becoming a Temporal Agent, players can manipulate the timeline to ensure it is protected against those trying to destroy the past.
- An All-Trek cast: Chekov, Daniels and other characters straight from the TV series and films appear, voiced by the original actors.
- New Universe to explore: Agents of Yesterday will feature actors, themes and content from the Kelvin Timeline, the universe that the 2009 & 2013 Star Trek films are based on.
- New weapons and bridge officers: The expansion introduces new Original Series themed weapons as well as TOS Federation and Klingon bridge officers who were preserved in cryostasis as Starbase K-13 returns from a Temporal Anomaly.
The Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday expansion is available now.