As dusk fell on the 19th November 2012 suddenly the internet came alive with (more) rumors of the Next-Gen console from Microsoft. This time Xbox World, a UK based Magazine, have published one hell of a feature claiming to know more than us thanks to ‘industry experts’ and ‘Microsoft’s own leaky boat’.
We all love a good rumor, but what if this isn’t a rumor? Xbox World listed the following as key features of the next console;
- Hardware may include four hardware cores, 8GB of RAM, four USB spots, and a removable hard drive.
- A Kinect 2.0 may detect subtle finger movements and track up to four players in a single room.
- Augmented reality glasses could work with Kinect to create virtual reality in your living room.
- 3D sound to project audio to specific parts of a room.
- Microsoft may finally embrace Blu-ray in its next Xbox.
- Rumors hint at a traditional Xbox controller, but with a touch screen or programmable buttons.
- Microsoft may try to build its own cloud gaming service, similar to OnLive and the Sony-owned Gaikai.
Let’s just remember one thing, Xbox World will cease publishing in February 2013… I will leave it to you to now decide just how much faith you place in their report. For me, well this is all just speculation and rumor.
Source – CNET.