ARK the action survival game from Studio Wildcard will get it’s first major update in their 14 month development cycle. If you have never played ARK then essentially it’s a massive open world survival game where you ride, tame or hunt various creatures. The object is to scavenge your way around and either hunt or join in with other players. Scorched Earth is the game first expansion and will add new features for players.
Scorched Earth offers a completely new experience from the core game. You will be stranded starving, dehydrated and naked and will immediately have to find supplies to survive. There are over 50 new crafting items such as tools and structures to keep you busy. Players will also have to cope with a new weather systems such as electrical storms and extreme temperatures that will have an effect on your health. A new feature called Gateway will allow players to travel back to ARK: Survival Evolved and take your new tools and weapons with you.
The Xbox One update will bring players up to speed with what is already available on the PC version, The update will also include a HD resolution upgrade to fully support 720p gameplay with 1080p UI’s.
Additional Update v739 Content Includes:
– New Item: Fishing Rod + Fishing Mechanic! Be a pro fisherman as you apply varied bait, cast the line, wait for a fish to become ensnared, and then succeed at a mini-game to reel the fish and claim copious rewards!
– New Structure: Industrial Grinder that grinds items into a portion of their crafting resources, then converts resources into simpler resources
– New Structure: Spiral Staircase (Stone/Wood/Metal)
– New Mechanic: Optional Hitmarkers for ranged attacks (server can toggle them, as well as client if the server allows it)
– Building Attack/Destruction TribeLogs
ARK is currently on the preview program or you can jump straight in and get it here.