Gearbox Software and 2K have recently announced that Battleborn’s Open Beta will begin on April 13th on Xbox One and PC. The beta will not only give you access to two of the story episodes, Void’s Edge and The Algorithm but it will also give players a chance to try out two of the competitive 5 v 5 multiplayer modes, Incursion and Meltdown. For a glimpse of the story check out the trailer below.
So here is a quick summary of what you can expect from the beta:
- Pre-load date for Xbox One – 12am UTC (5pm PST).
- The open beta will run from April 13th at 5pm (10am PST) until April 18th at 2pm UTC (7am PST).
- The Battleborn open beta will be available direct from the Xbox store, no code required.
- Open to all regions.
- Xbox Live Gold members will have access to all Story and Competitive Modes in the Open Beta. Xbox Live Silver members will be able to play private Story Mode episodes and private Competitive Modes, but will not have access to public matchmaking features.
- STORY MODE: Go in solo or co-op with up to 5 players in two full Story Mode episodes: The Algorithm and Void’s Edge.’
- COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER MODES: Challenge other players to duke it out in two Competitive Multiplayer modes: Incursion and Meltdown.
- Party up with friends or search for random players to join you in Co-Op Story Mode episodes, split screen play, private custom matches and voice chat.
- Start with 7 unlocked heroes and the rest will be unlocked as you rank up and complete objectives (25 in total)
- PROGRESSION SYSTEM: Playing either Story Mode or Competitive Multiplayer Modes will earn you XP towards temporary Helix augmentations as well as persistent Command Rank and Character Rank levels.
What’s more there is no NDA so you can stream, record video, and play Battleborn to your badass heart’s content, I know we will be. For further information on the up and coming beta check out the official page here.
Battleborn is rated PEGI 16 and launches on May 3, 2016 on Xbox One and PC.