Bungie have today given us more details of what we can expect for the Destiny 2 beta, coming to the Xbox One on July 19th.
So, what can we expect to find in this long-awaited beta? Well, full details below but it does include some Campaign, Multiplayer in the Crucible and a strike!
- Homecoming: The opening mission and cinematics from Destiny 2’s Campaign.
- Countdown: Enter the Crucible to battle other Guardians in a brand new mode. Attack or Defend the base on a new map custom-built to support this new game type.
- Control: The original standard for Crucible combat is back, with some impactful changes. Control the zones on another new map built with this objective in mind.
- The Inverted Spire: Strike at the heart of a Vex stronghold. Bring two willing allies, or let Matchmaking introduce you to a Fireteam of Guardians.
- New Subclasses: The new fighting style for each Class will be at the ready. Choose from the Dawnblade Warlock, Arcstrider Hunter, or Sentinel Titan.
- The Farm: For one hour, on Sunday, July 23, we’re inviting you to tour the new social space in Destiny 2. Starting at 10AM Pacific, you’re welcome to kick the ball into the net or befriend a chicken. Most vendors and services will be offline. Our goals are to see how many of you it can accommodate at once.
Bungie have also made it very clear that this is very much a test for the game and the servers and the following will not be included.
- Clan Support: It’s true that Clans will be supported in Destiny 2, but those features are not a part of this test.
- Character Progression: You’ll receive rewards for defeating your enemies – be they Cabal, Vex, or other Guardians – but the Beta does not represent how your characters will evolve in Destiny 2.
- Character Continuity: Destiny 2 is a fresh start. Nothing we do in the Beta will carry over to the final version of the game on September 6. Of course, for every rule, there is an exception as every guardian who takes part in the beta will receive an exclusive emblem which will carry through to the final game.