How often have you wanted to lose yourself in a huge quest to save an entire city? Perfect World Entertainment have a very fluid situation with Cryptic Studios’ MMORPG, Neverwinter. They’ve just released yet another major update to the Neverwinter stage, keeping the game fresh and introducing new challenges to the player. Now you can embark on a quest to save the city of Neverwinter as The Cloaked Ascendancy has been unleashed for players on Xbox One.
A group of four mages have been ripped from the Cloak Tower during the Spellplague. These fours mages, The Cloaked Ascendancy, have a power derived from the Far Realm and they’re busy wielding it to try to claim the throne from Lord Neverember. This new update will feature a new campaign, adventure zone, a familiar new dungeon, dynamic skirmish and more.
Return to Neverwinter, dear adventurer, following the events of Storm King’s Thunder, to honour a fallen friend in the recently reclaimed River District. The ceremony is interrupted by a mysterious band of mages from the Far Realm, led by Gyrion the Ascendant, who look to carry out an evil plot to disrupt the city. The River District, a new adventure zone, sets the stage for players to uncover the Cloaked Ascendancy’s evil plot. Complete and all-new campaign, battle in a new skirmish, conquer a new, high-end Spellplague Caverns dungeon and more. This new update will feature:
- A new adventure zone in The River District – Now occupied by the Cloaked Ascendancy with areas reflecting the resident Far Realm mage.
- The Reclaim the River District new campaign – Defeat the four mages, one quest at a time, to help return it to the bustling economic centre it once was, before the eruption or Mt. Hotenow
- Spellplague Caverns Dungeon – To complete the this campaign, you will return to an original Neverwinter location for this master dungeon. Face off with members of the Ascendancy nad try to find new loot.
- The Illusionist’s Gambit – This new Skirmish offers a dynamic challenge for both max and low-level adventurers. Enemies, settings and challenges all randomly shift creating new experiences.
- Four new Artifact Weapon sets – Players can earn four new weapon sets, harnessing the power of the Cloaked Ascendancy mages. Embrace the power of the Far Realm with the Mirage, Fey, Lifeforged and Aboleth weapons.
Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy is available free to play for Xbox Live Gold members, now.