Fans of the more competitive side of Call of Duty: Ghosts will be pleased to hear that Infinity Ward have been listening to your feedback on the eSports side of the game. Tina Palacois, one of the developers of CoD: Ghosts, announced via Twitter what was to be addressed in the title update which was detailed on the CoD forums:
These upcoming improvements are listing in full here:
Regarding eSports specifically in the immediate future, we aim to:
- Restrict Ghillie suits in competitive rules.
- Restrict Tracker Sights in competitive rules.
- Restrict Danger Close in competitive rules.
- Disable third-person spectating in competitive Private Matches.
- Add a kill feed to Broadcaster mode.
- Address Broadcaster mode stability (squash crash bugs).
Additionally, we’re committed to delivering the below (in no particular order):
- Removal of split-screen in Private match when eSports rules are enabled.
- Add eSports rules to Clan vs. Clan playlist.
- Open Clan v Clan playlist to allow solo player entry & mixed clan teams.
- Modify Dead Silence/Amplify functionality.
- Resolve the defuse timer animation discrepancy.
- Modify the defuse time sound effects if the defuse process is cancelled.
- Add game action overlays where needed (flag captures, etc.).
- Resolve the leaderboard’s red death indicator delay.
- Roll over player in scoreboard to highlight arrow in mini-map.
- Investigating the addition of Xbox One LAN support.
Tina ends by acknowledging that these improvements do not answer all feedback but ended the update list by saying:
We realize this doesn’t cover every request made to date; only those we are confident we can deliver at this time. We’ll keep you posted regarding future updates. We are committed to providing the best possible multiplayer experience we can and will continue to work on improvements to make it better. Please keep the communication coming, thanks for your support and we’ll see you online.