Codemaster’s has answered any questions you might have for their new RaceNet Service that will launch in full with DiRT Showdown next month.
What is RaceNet?
RaceNet is an online destination that will become the new interactive community platform for all Codemasters Racing games and players going forward. RaceNet provides players with a single Driver Profile that can be carried across all future Codemasters Racing titles. Once you’ve set your account up and linked it to your gaming platform account, you’re all set – each subsequent game will know who you are and start recording your progress.
Your Races: RaceNet analyses your in-game accomplishments and performance, and displays your wins, times, cars, achievements and personal bests in rich animated infographics that are personal to your racing story.
Your Rivals: See how you compare against your friends across games and game modes in game. Take part in tournaments and track the progress of challenges against your rivals. Compare your in-game scores, RaceNet XP and Levels and RaceNet Awards progress.
Your Rewards: Earn rewards for your activity in RaceNet enabled games and for participating in RaceNet community events, and more!
Is RaceNet a stats website?
No – it offers a lot more. While there are stats which track players’ performance across Codemasters Racing games, RaceNet uses them to deliver a far richer experience. There will be a large emphasis on the social side – whether it’s connecting with players to their friends or the wider community. From telling the story of a player’s progress to connecting with your friends, laying down challenges to rivals, gaining access to new content, participating in community challenges and tournaments and a lot more, RaceNet is set to really extend gamers’ experience beyond the box.
Why is Codemasters making RaceNet?
We’re the only developer and publisher that can bring such a focus to a specific genre. It’s not about one game. It’s about all your Codemasters Racing games. It’s also way of allowing players to get more out of our games and enjoy more of the content we provide. By encouraging players to spend more time with our games on and offline, we see RaceNet evolving as a platform that encourages players to get more out of their experience with Codemasters Racing games.
How much will it cost / Do I get free access to RaceNet
RaceNet is free to access. You don’t even to have a Codemasters Racing game to get access, although, you’ll probably get more out of it if you do.
When can I try RaceNet?
Registration for RaceNet opens form May 1stwith the launch of the DiRT Showdown playable demo. For signing up to RaceNet players will be rewarded with a RaceNet Livery and a cash boost of $20,000 which can be accessed in DiRT Showdown. For players who sign up during the demo window, in addition to accessing community challenges based around the demo, players will receive a RaceNet ‘Founder Status’ Award and a RaceNet XP Boost.
RaceNet will get its first feature update on May 25that the launch of DiRT Showdown.
What RaceNet features will be active with the launch of the DiRT Showdown playable demo on May 1st?
- RaceNet sign up and RaceNet account creation.
- Link RaceNet account to a PSN, Xbox Live or STEAM ID.
- Contribute and track progress towards community challenges.
- Gain access to RaceNet community through forums.
- Unique ‘Founder Status’ RaceNet Award and a RaceNet XP boost for anyone signing up during the demo.
- All Codemasters Racing games that are RaceNet enabled will be automatically connected in future.
- What RaceNet features will be added for the launch of DiRT Showdown on
May 29th(US) / 25th(UK)?When Showdown launches the following social and community features will go live
- Weekly RaceNet Events for DiRT Showdown.
- Regular general community events.
- Add other RaceNet users as Friends and import your Friends from PSN / XBL / Steam
- Link your Facebook and Twitter accounts to your Race Profile
- View Driver Profile page and track your progress across all RaceNet enabled games in one place.
- View your Showdown career progress on RaceNet and compare and share your progress with others.
- Link your YouTube account to view uploaded YouTube movies from Showdown on Racenet.
What are RaceNet Awards?
RaceNet Awards are rewards tied to your account and displayed for specific accomplishments in RaceNet enabled games, from taking part in community challenges to winning in RaceNet tournaments.
What is RaceNet XP?
RaceNet XP is awarded for your activity in RaceNet. Do more, get more.
Where do I sign up?
http://www.racenet.codemasters.com– or search ‘RaceNet Codemasters’