Developed by Mutant Mudds studio Renegade Kid, Cult County is seeking to raise $580,000 in funds through Kickstarter.
Cult County is an all-new first-person survival horror game that blends the episodic story-telling of The Walking Dead with the classic tension-filled exploration and action of Silent Hill and Resident Evil, presenting an opportunity for fans to help a veteran team produce a new experience that is fresh, exciting, and scary!
The Kickstarter page also goes on to say:
- Rebirth of the survival horror FPS genre, crafted with fan input.
- Story-driven gameplay, featuring memorable character interactions.
- Small West Texas town filled with tension, mystery, and scares.
- Vulnerable and personalized melee and firearm combat.
- Varied cast of creepy enemy encounters and devious boss battles.
Cult County is planned for a May 2015 release… but as it stands only on Xbox One, not 360:
We want to also support Xbox 360, but it requires extra license fees for Unity and development hardware to test on. Also, indie developers are unable to self-publish their games on the Xbox 360. Therefore, a third-party publisher is required to release it. We can only support the Xbox 360 if we reach the stretch goal. If we reach the stretch goal, backers will be able to choose from any of the available platforms.
Cult County looks great, and with the success of The Walking Dead bringing episodic titles to forefront of gamers minds, this is most definitely a title to keep an eye on.. or even back.