The second patch is now live for Bungie’s Destiny and is finally putting that pesky Cryptarch in his place and rewarding players with the gear that they deserve.
In the past, even the rarest of engrams could be filled with nothing but tears and disappointment but not anymore adventurer, rare engrams will always produce rare or higher gear and legendary engrams will only produce legendary or higher gear, as well as ascendant materials which everyone desperately needs to upgrade their gear right now.
Bungie have continued to listen to the community and has also changed the way in which the player is rewarded for completing tougher challenges, guaranteeing that you’ll receive some top-notch loot for your troubles.
Full patch notes below:
- Legendary (purple) engrams will always produce a Legendary quality item or higher
- Note: Legendary engrams that exist in your inventory will change to Rare quality items when the patch is applied. However, decoding these engrams will still produce the same results as before
- Rare (blue) engrams will always produce a Rare quality item or higher
- Chance for Legendary gear increased
- Materials: Ascendant Shards and Ascendant Energy promoted to Legendary quality (from Rare quality)
- Rare (Blue) and Legendary (Purple) Engram drops added to the potential rewards for:
- Vanguard: Tiger Strike Playlist
- Daily Heroic Missions (first time per day)
- Weekly Heroic Missions (first time per week)
- Known issues
- When selecting a higher difficulty for daily missions, XP Bonus not show in the reward display
- You will still get the XP bonus, you just won’t see it in the UI
- Reduced time limit on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash from 15 to 12 minutes, bringing them in line with non-vehicle maps in those playlists
- Lowered weighting on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash so they appear less often in those playlists
What do you think of the most recent changes and what would you like to see changed in the future? Let us know in the comments below.