A major patch has just gone live for Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls edition and it’s added a mountain of new content. Best of all? It’s free!
The 2.1.2 patch which Blizzard teased a while back includes the Ancient tier of items. These Ancient items are a class above the current highest Legendary gear tier but it’s going to be pretty tough to earn it as it can only be found on Torment 1 or higher.
If this new tier of gear isn’t enough, this new patch has also added new legendary items, new set bonuses as well as game fixes.
Full patch notes can be found below or on the Blizzard website.
- Ancient items have been added to the game. These items are more powerful versions of existing Legendary items and can be found in Torment I difficulty or higher by slaying monsters, spending Blood Shards with Kadala, and crafting.
- The drop chance for Ancient items increases with each Torment level.
- For more information about Ancient items, click here.
New and Updated Legendary Items
- Over 20 new Legendary items have been added to the game! For more information about these items, click here and here.
- Several Set bonuses have been updated, including The Legacy of Raekor,Embodiment of the Marauder, Monkey King’s Garb, and Firebird’s Finery. These changes will be retroactive, which means players will not need to find new Set items in order to benefit from these adjustments. For more information on updated Set bonuses, click here.
- New Treasure Goblins have been added to the game! Be on the lookout for the Gem Hoarder, Blood Thief, Odious Collector, and Malevolent Tormentor. These additions to our growing goblin family can only be found in Adventure Mode.
- All Treasure Goblins now appear standing next to a portal and have been given a special mini-map icon in order to increase their visibility.
Nephalem and Greater Rift Updates
- Players can now use the “Revive at Corpse” option while in Nephalem and Greater Rifts, but the associated respawn timer will increment with every death. In addition, and a result of this change, the “Revive at Checkpoint” option has been removed.
- Several improvements have been made to monster density, monster damage, and Rift Guardian abilities in both Nephalem and Greater Rifts. Many maps have also received changes to the way their layouts can be generated.
- Pylons found in Rifts and Greater Rifts have received several improvements, and are now less likely to spawn next to each other.
- For more information about changes to Nephalem and Greater Rifts, click here
“Healing” Changed to “Recovery”
- The “Healing” stat on the character sheet has been replaced with “Recovery”.
- Recovery is an estimate of how much Toughness you are expected to be able to recover in combat and is calculated using a combination of your Healing, Life, and Toughness.