Draw Something, the immensely popular mobile app developed by Omgpop which hit the headlines since it had been downloaded 50 million times in its first 50 days of release – is heading to Windows Phone 8.
Zynga acquired Omgpop for $180 million earlier in the year, and the company is planning to bring both Draw Something and their other popular iOS title Words with Friends to Windows Phone’s in the Autumn this year.
In the first six weeks since Draw Something launched, it had been downloaded over 35 million times. Draw Something’s eye-popping stats include:
- Draw Something had three drawings per second the day the game launched.
- Draw Something is the #1 word game in 84 countries according to the Apple App Store.
- The most popular words in Draw Something were: Starfish, pregnant, hangman, six pack, boom box
- The least popular word in Draw Something is latrine
- The best guessed words in Draw Something were: Rainbow, catfish, sun, fish, house, god, tornado
- The least guessed words in Draw Something were: Oar, Metroid, Warhol, pounce, polaroid, meathead, Autobots
The game will launch on the Windows Phone 8 Marketplace and will be available to users who can freely upgrade their Windows 7.5 devices to Windows 7.8 which will bring a small handful of Windows 8 features to current windows phone devices such as a new-look start screen and newer apps in the near future that will take advantage of new features.