The 2015 multi million selling indie smash by Team 17 is to have a sequel. The Escapists 2 has been revealed at this years Twitchcon and see’s a number of improvements to the popular sandbox title.
As you can see from the video no stone has been unturned, the sequel will include:-
· Multiplayer – In a first for the series, The Escapists 2 offers drop-in/drop-out play offering both split screen and online play for up to four players in both co-op and versus modes
· New ways to escape – Tie together knotted sheets and use them to climb down high windows in our new multi-level prisons and other new ways to make a break for freedom!
· New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade taser to knock out guards plus many more!
· New combat system – A completely revamped combat system featuring new lock-on targeting and blocking systems plus light and heavy attacks
· New graphical style – A brand new look immerses players in a deeper, richer world while maintaining that unique The Escapists style
· More character customisation – New customisation options let players tweak their avatar to a whole new level. Play as a girl! Go bald! Sport a mullet! The choice is yours
· More things to do – Join a band! Learn to paint! The Escapists 2 will offer more ways than ever to pass the time whilst incarcerated
A quote taken from Moldy Toof Studio’s founder Chris Davies says ““I’m thrilled to be working with my friends at Team17 again to bring this new chapter of The Escapists to life,The Escapists 2 takes everything the fans loved from the first game and adds in so many new additions and features on top. I can’t wait to see what the fans think!”
If all goes to plan it looks like The Escapists 2 could be a successful followup from the first, if you haven’t played the first game then stayed tuned because it is coming to Games with Gold this month. The Escapists 2 is due for release in 2017.