When you think of the Rock Band franchise, great rock DLC springs to mind. Now, I’m not normally one to be disappointed with Harmonix’s choice of artist for DLC, variety after all, is the spice of life. Today’s DLC however, is personally an anticlimax.
Costing £1.69 each from the Store, Rock Band 4 has today received the following DLC release:
- Daft Punk ft Pharrel Williams – Get Lucky
- Kelly Clarkson – Heartbeat Song
- Outkast – Hey Ya!
Now, obviously, this adds to Rock Band 4’s diverse array of artists, and those of us who enjoy the more extreme side of music will be pleased to learn that further tracks will be released throughout the month from the likes of:
- Royal Blood
- Zac Brown Bread
- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
- J. Geils Band
- Generation X
- Five Finger Death Punch
- Bruno Mars
- masaya matsuura
In addition to these, more details have been revealed about the February title update for the game, also released today. This will address or add the following issues and features:
- Scores earned during Play a Show mode now post to the leaderboards.
- New Rock Shop items include Raz’s helmet from Double Fine’s Psychonauts as well as Whispering Rock t-shirt.
- Ends several scoring exploits, including the Band Overdrive issue.
- Implements several fixes that improve scoring issues with the Freestyle Guitar Sole system.
- Audio mix adjustments which result in a more ‘full’ and ‘live’ mix, as well as several minor bug updates.
Harmonix have also reset the leaderboard so that everyone starts rocking on a level playing field.
Here’s the trailer for the more pop-based DLC that’s out for Rock Band 4 today.