As I sit here a content update is currently dropping from orbit on to your Xbox Ones, yes today is the launch for the next Halo 5 Guardians free update, Hammer Storm. As with the previous updates The Battle of Shadow and Light, The Cartographer’s Gift and Infinity’s Armory, Hammer Storm brings a whole wealth of new content ranging from new game modes, weapons and even a new map. Some of the key features are:
- New game modes: Grifball, Assault and Fiesta. From the hammer-meets-sword sports sensation of Grifball, and weapon-roulette hilarity of Fiesta, to the fan-favorite Assault game type that’s been fully evolved for Halo 5: Guardians, Hammer Storm brings a brand new game mode to fit every flavor of Halo fan.
- New map Torque. An entirely new environment primed for battle, Torque is a large symmetrical map that caters to Capture the Flag and Assault game modes. The pistons in each courtyard can provide key gameplay for cover, traversal, and objective movement.
- New weapons change the game. The Gravity Hammer provides the proper tool for smashing enemies, and the Halo: CE Pistol brings back a legacy of single-handed death-dealing. Be sure to watch for the classic headshot death animation when you deliver the killing blow!
- New REQ items. Hammer Storm has a myriad of new REQs, including attachments for loadout weapons, weapon skins, armors, emblems, assassinations, visors, and stances.
- New possibilities with Forge. The new “ball” mechanic that powers the Assault and Grifball modes unlocks the potential for entirely new game types in Forge mode, not to mention paving the way for returning favorites like Oddball and Ricochet.
With the release of Hammer Storm this brings the current free content since launch of Halo 5 to 11 new maps, 12 new modes (including Big Team Battle and Forge) and more than 180 new REQ items, now who can argue with that. However 343 Industries have hinted that this is not the end by no means and we are to expect to see a lot more free future content over the coming months. Apart from even more new maps, modes, vehicles, weapons and our much-loved REQs, a fan favourite is returning in the form of “Warzone Firefight” allowing players to battle together against common foes in classic PvE multiplayer.
So all you have to do now is fire up Halo 5: Guardians and the new Hammer Storm content will download automatically for you, it’s as easy as that. If your too excited and can’t wait for the download then why don’t you check out the trailer that has just been released for the launch of Hammer Storm.