It always gives me great pleasure to write up news about Hitman, and I am so looking forward to writing the news piece about the launch of Season 2! Until then, IO Interactive keeps the updates coming and the July patch has released this week.
According to IO the July update has made the game “more satisfying and viable for all players.” In particular, the developer has reduced the rate of NPC pistols. It has also reduced the amount of damage that players take at mid- to long distances, while the rate their health recovers has been increased. Full patch notes are below.
The final (sob) elusive target has also been reveales as “Mr Giggles” an entertainer of the more macabre kind. He will be somewhere in Marrakesh for the next 10 days, and as usual I will be recording my attempt for your viewing pleasure. The last elusive target went well for me as you can see below!
The Hitman July 2017 Patch Notes are;
- Xbox One Loading Times – After a recent update, Xbox One users reported to us that the game was taking longer to load than usual, especially when restarting a contract. We’ve looked into this and now have the Xbox One loading times back to where they should be. Thanks to our Xbox One players who reported this.
- Excuse me, I found a weapon – We’ve fixed an issue that could cause guards to repeatedly drop weapons that they discovered on the ground. This issue was prominent on The Icon mission.
- Bathroom Break – We’ve fixed an issue that could cause the toilet in the Marrakesh school to behave erratically after 47 kicks it onto Zaydan. This could occasionally result in 47’s death. Seriously.
- Cancelling Connecting – We’ve fixed an issue that could cause players to inadvertently cancel the “connecting” prompt and enter “Offline Mode.”
- Opportunity Lost After Loading – We’ve fixed an issue that could cause the Opportunity Marker (the little light bulb) to disappear after a save/load cycle.
- Trespassing v Hostile Area – We’ve implemented a fix for a Known Issue from our June Update. The “Trespassing” and “Hostile Area” status messages on the mini-map now display correctly.
- Maximum Mastery – We heard that some players have had issues unlocking the trophies/achievements associated with reaching Mastery level 20 in various locations. We’ve implemented a change so that the game will re-check whether you have reached level 20 when you launch the game and award the appropriate trophies/achievements.
- Unconscious Witness – We’ve also implemented a fix for the other Known Issue from our June Update. The “Unconscious Witness” status on the mini-map is know displayed correctly.
- Miscellaneous Bug Fixes – We’ve fixed other minor issues across the board to keep the game in fantastic shape.