505 Games and Eko Software have announced today that How to Survive 2, the cult Zombie Co-Op Crafting Survival game, is coming to consoles in February 2017 after a successful release on Steam back in September 2016. Sequel to the multi-million selling How to Survive, the game is set 15 years after the first game and players now find themselves trying to survive a massive Zombie infestation in Louisiana.
15 Years on and the local infection that started in Los Riscos’ archipelago has now turned into a worldwide pandemic. Everyone around the world, groups of people or lone wolves, try to survive one more day among the infected, attempting to recover a semblance of normal life. You find yourself in Louisiana and your survival chance starts by building a safe camp and becoming a skilled survivalist.
- Multiplayer is here! You can invite up to 16 players to access your camp and 4 of you can play simultaneously.
- Teamwork: all players can contribute to a bigger, better camp and can perform co-op actions and strategies.
- New improved camera follows your character, allowing you to zoom in and out on the fly!
- New randomized environments: from the unforgiving Mississippi Delta bayous to the abandoned streets of New Orleans’ French Quarter.
- Create your own character: learn new and different skills to specialize as you level up and equip with scavenged and handcrafted armor, tools and weapons.
- A new deeper crafting system will allow you to use items and materials to create hundreds of items, tools and weapons to upgrade your character and your base camp.
- Set-up, upgrade and protect your camp as you want: choose from a wide upgradeable variety of traps, barricades, obstacle and workshops that will open different skill trees and allow you to create more materials and items.
- Quests and infinite random raids.
- Night & day cycle and weather conditions.
Players will have to scavenge for resources, craft tools and weapons, build base camps, and interact with the many colorful characters that populate the area. Players of the original game will discover that series favorite, Kovac, the masked stranger & author of the ever present survival guide will also be on hand to help players outlive the zombie plague.
How to Survive 2, will be coming to Xbox One in February 2017 at a price of £11.99. Anyone who pre-orders through XBLA will get 2 free pieces of DLC content, which will unlock pets, headgear, and an upgradable weapons that your characters can equip. For further information check out the official How to Survive 2 website.