Its been teased and anticipated but Rare have now announced that the final beta for Sea Of Thieves will run from Friday 9th March at 12pm GMT to Sunday 11th March at 10am GMT.
It is open to ALL Xbox One and Windows 10 owners, and the aim of this beta is to get as many players into the beta to really test the servers. Also included in this beta is the opportunity to try out the Skeleton Forts, which will be recognised as a huge skull in the sky as you are sailing across the world.
The Merchant Alliance will also make its first appearance in one of the betas. See you on the seas this weekend!
The official description on Xbox store is as follows!
The Sea of Thieves Final Beta is here! Before we set sail on March 20th, this is one last opportunity for budding brigands to sample the pirate life through a selection of the activities offered by the full game – a fine way to master the basics and find your sea legs ahead of launch. Players taking part in the Final Beta will be able to:
- Hunt for buried treasure by following ancient maps and solving riddles as part of epic voyages across the Sea of Thieves.
- Acquire valuable cargo and safeguard it through perilous waters as a new Trading Company – the Merchant Alliance – makes its first appearance.
- Clear out Skeleton Forts, where great risk delivers even greater reward. Seek the telltale skull cloud before taking on hordes of skellies to earn fabulous treasures.Sail solo or join a crew then head out to forge your legend in a shared world where every sail on the horizon is a ship of real players.
- Explore a vast, beautiful and fantastical environment filled with deadly foes, fearsome storms and mysterious shipwrecks.
- Engage in epic ship battles with all cannons blazing, or go head-to-head against other pirates with pistol primed and cutlass drawn!