Activision has recently posted out a marketing survey to select people that hints about what we can expect when this years Call of Duty hits in the Fall. With the inclusion of a replica Desktop Sentry Gun – could this also point to another Modern Warfare setting, despite previously being outed by the game’s main voice character Billy (Captain Price) Murray last year?
Care Package “Showpieces” mentioned in the survey (for possible inclusion) include:
- Character Statuette
- Operational desktop Sentry Gun replica (similar to previous care package QuadRotor/RC-XD)
- Collectible sets feat. characters, vehicles, scenery from the game (similar to Halo Mega Blocks)
- Custom-branded Audio Soundbar
- Custom-branded Gaming Headset
- Custom-branded Wireless Router
Another interesting feature was the ability to digitally pre-download a game prior to release that would be unlocked to play at 12:01am on release day. This has been widely used by PC games, but never a strong selling point on consoles in this current generation.
When Activision announce the title of this years Call of Duty – and its content officially, we’ll keep you updated.