Cryptic Studios’ free-to-play MMO Neverwinter, has just received its latest update, introducing several new features to the already rich multiplayer RPG.
Continuing the story from Storm King’s Thunder, the threat of the Ring of Winter persists, leaving Neverwinter and its surrounding lands in peril. Adventurers must gather support against Jarl Storvald and his stronghold while navigating dangerous surrounding waters with the new khyek. Along the way, they’ll be able try their luck at an updated fishing system, hunt for bottles filled with treasure maps and uncover lost relics to earn powerful artifact weapons.
This update to introduces:
· Assault on Svardborg – This new level 70 trial pits 10 adventurers against the mighty Jarl Storvald in the heart of his stronghold, with both Normal and Master difficulty levels.
· New Adventure Zone – Adventurers will traverse over half a dozen large ice mountains and several smaller icebergs to muster support against Jarl Storvald and his threat of endless winter.
· New Means of Travel – The khyek is a new nautical vessel players will use to traverse the Sea of Moving Ice.
· Fishing Mini Game – Adventurers can hop in the khyek and cast a line to catch over a hundred different species of fish, gaining reputation used to access and upgrade powerful new weapons.
· Treasure Hunting – While reeling in their daily catch, adventurers may discover bottles filled with maps, leading to treasure throughout the Sea of Moving Ice.
· Artifact Weaponry – Reclaiming lost giant relics from enemies through new activities is an effort that won’t go unnoticed, as players will earn weapons far stronger than any seen before.