It’s no joke! Robert Bowling, who has pretty much been the face of Infinity Ward and the King of CoD has resigned!
A tweet from the man himself confirmed the news:
Today, I resign from my position as Creative Strategist of Call of Duty, as a lead of Infinity Ward, and as an employee of Activision.
— Robert Bowling (@fourzerotwo) March 26, 2012
It’s unclear if he has been head-hunted by another publisher or developer – but it would be great news if Respawn Entertainment who are now home to most of the original Call of Duty development team have secured the most public face of Call of Duty.
- Robert Bowling’s username, “fourzerotwo”, is based on the number 402 – his roster number when he served in the military.
- The first verse at the beginning of the song “Deep and Hard” is voiced by Robert Bowling.
- An interview with Robert Bowling on the Resurgence Map Pack had him state that he was a “stealth clown”, due to him successfully hiding behind the cut-out clown on the map Carnival. This became a short lived meme among players.
- Robert Bowling does the voice of one of the basketball players on the basketball court in “S.S.D.D.”.
- In the Family Guy episode “April in Quahog”, he is seen playing a game of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 against Peter Griffin and his friends (under the name of fourzerotwo) when Peter buys an Xbox 360. He kills Peter with a sniper rifle after he keeps jumping up and down.
- Robert Bowling’s username can be seen briefly in one of the starting screens of Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- Bowling was originally an Infinity Ward Community Manager before being Prestiged to Creative Strategist.
If anyone else would like to speculate, share your thoughts below?