It has only been out for a matter of weeks but Harmonix have already lined up a title update for Rock Band 4. In truth they were always planning on regular game updates to tweak the gameplay, but it’s good that the first update is coming so soon after release. These will hopefully refine what is already a good game into something unmissable.
In a blog post on the Harmonix website, the developer has detailed the list of new features and fixes that will be implemented when it goes live on the 8th of December.
- Score Challenge feature
- In-game notifications of leaderboard events
- Activity feed
- Taunt system to use on your friends
- Improved instrument calibration (you will be required to re-calibrate)
- Variable Breakneck Speed
- Full Combo recognition and indicator
- More song result details including leaderboard info and gameplay stats
- Player stats
- New Rock Shop items
- Auto-kick mode for drummers
- DLC song and album packs on the Xbox Store are back and contain the right content
- Leaderboards no longer mix players score and percentages from different performances
- Game no longer crashes when the vocalist joins a song that has no vocal parts
- Band History stats to list the correct number of Rock Shop items
- Improvements to microphone lag
- Improvements to tambourine hit sensitivity
- Adjustments to track transparency
A welcome addition will be the Auto-kick feature. This will allow drummers to ignore the foot-pedal and concentrate on the drum pads themselves. Microphone lag tweaks and a full DLC catalogue availability will also be very welcome adjustments to the game itself.
There’ll also be a surprise new gameplay mode that Harmonix are keeping under their hats until closer to the 8th of December.
Keep your eyes peeled for that as we’ll bring that to you, as soon as we know it.