Deep Silver have released 3 new screenshots of their side-scrolling action brawler, Sacred Citadel, due out next year as an Xbox LIVE Arcade title. Keep reading for screenshots and FAQ’s.
Set in the rich fantasy universe of the Sacred™ franchise, Sacred Citadel™ reinvents the familiar arcade feel of classic brawlers while setting a new standard for the future of side-scrolling hack-and-slash games. This ultimate arcade brawler also cloaks itself as a prologue for the upcoming epic third installment of the Sacred series, Sacred 3. Secrets will be revealed and storylines will be born in this do-not-miss release of 2013.
Welcome to the world of Sacred Citadel: Three warriors unite against an evil that threatens to enslave the once peaceful world of Ancaria. Lord Zane’s Ashen Empire has created an army of Grimmocs, modified Orc henchmen, to wage war with the Seraphim. Only when these heroes unite and use their skills to support each other will they stand a chance…
Key Game Features:
- Fast-Paced Action– Intuitive gameplay with thrilling attack combos, weapon combinations, dual wielding and 4 complementary hero classes.
- RPG Elements-Unprecedented levels of depth in a brawler, including stat leveling, quests, collectibles, items, money, weapons, armor, potions, side missions, towns, shops and a night and day system.
- Co-Op Multiplayer Mayhem– Local and online modes with up to three players and instant drop-in/drop-out capability offer epic battles with massive amounts of enemies and clever tactical combat interaction.
- Engaging, Rewarding Gameplay–Each level provides a stat summary and grade for each player, encouraging friendly competition among co-op companions.
- Beautiful Side-Scrolling 2.5D Graphics– Citadel utilizes a captivating and unique visual style consistent with the Sacred universe, along with sophisticated graphical complexity among side-scrolling brawlers.