Skullgirls, the award-winning 2D fighting game from Autumn Games and developer Reverge Labs, will be available this Wednesday, April 11th on the Xbox LIVE Arcade for 1200 Microsoft Points.
The game, which has been highly anticipated by the fighting game community, is expected to become a mainstay in the tournament scene, starting with tournaments in North America, Europe, and Australia sponsored by Autumn Games:
- PowerUp 2012: Cincinnati – April 13-15
- Stunfest: Rennes, France – April 13-15
- ESC: The Elite Series at Wizard World Toronto Comicon: Toronto – April 14-15
- Shadowloo Showdown: Melbourne, Australia – May 4-6
- Toryuken: Toronto – May 19-20
- Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 8: Chicago – May 25-27
- Northwest Majors: Seattle – June 2-3
- Montreal Annual Tournament: Montreal – June 2-3
- East Coast Throwdown: Morristown, N.J. – June 9-10
- CEO 2012: Orlando, Fla. – June 15-17
- Midwest Championships 2012: Nashville, Tenn. – June 22-24
- ESC: Elite Series (Finals): Toronto – July 28
More tournaments will be announced in the coming weeks and additional details on upcoming tournaments can be found on the official Skullgirls website by visiting http://skullgirls.com/
Skullgirls puts players in control of fierce female warriors in an extraordinary Dark Deco world. Fighters battle it out for control of a mysterious artifact known as the Skull Heart, which has the power to grant the victor’s wishes. Those judged impure are transformed into the fearful instrument of their twisted wish – a pale and lovely tempest, a beautiful nightmare – the Skullgirl.
The team behind Skullgirls is led by renowned fighting game champion Mike “Mike Z” Zaimont and artist Alex “o_8” Ahad, whose work has been featured in many publications, including Lava Punch and Girls of Gaming.