Space Hulk: Deathwing has been out on PC for quite a while now, with the developers insisting that they would be bringing the first person adaption of the awesome board game to console as well. That time is now. An enhanced edition of the game will arrive on May 22. The only thing that’s missing from the announcement is the Xbox One launch date. While many retailers have listed the game as launching on Xbox One, it seems that for now Space Hulk: Deathwing will have some exclusive play time on PlayStation 4.
Over the years I have enjoyed playing the digitised versions of the board game, but have to say that I am super excited to see the turn based board game make its first-person debut on console. The campaign can be played in single player and co-op with up to four players.
Finally… It’s time, brothers!
- • Class Customization – deep progression system lets players unlock armor and weapon skins, attachments, perks and more for aesthetic and gameplay customization.
- • Chaplain Class – the Chaplain brings a host of abilities to increase the squad’s survivability, and is more than capable of killing hordes of Xenos in melee combat.
- • New Weapons – more melee and ranged weapons give players even more options to load out their squad in battle.
- • New Enemy Types – new, unique Genestealer types offer greater challenge to those who dare enter the depths of the Space Hulk.
- • Special Missions – randomized objectives and enemy spawns bring a new level of replayability.