Oh boy! It’s that time of the month again ladies and gentlemen, 343 Industries have released yet another patch to fix the disappointing mess that is/was the Master Chief Collection.
After briefly mentioning that another fix was just around the corner this past weekend, a new patch is rolling out over Xbox Live servers as you read this and if you haven’t got it yet, expect it very soon.
This time it focuses on matchmaking, Halo 2 Anniversary connectivity and campaign scoring which has been a major problem since launch, causing multiple achievement-related issues.
Full patch notes below, thanks 343i! Hopefully this is the one that fixes everything, we just want to love you again!
- Improved matchmaking search success rates.
- Made an update to reduce instances of “Awaiting Privileges” matchmaking errors.
- Made an update to ensure player counts more reliably match the expected numbers for each playlist.
- Fixed an issue where player would sometimes appear to be searching in an incorrect “FIND GAME” screen.
- Added countdown sound effect to the voting timer.
- Made an update to improve Halo 2: Anniversary network performance, specifically in regards to bandwidth spikes.
- Made several improvements to party joining through the in-game Roster.
- Made an update to ensure that the mute icon is visible while in Matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue in Halo 4 where players could equip the same weapon as their primary and secondary weapons.
- Made several improvements to stat tracking for Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4.
- Made changes to Halo 3 and Halo 4 scoring to ensure that players are not penalized for destroying empty vehicles.
- Lowered the music volume level in multiplayer menus.
- Fixed an issue where friend emblems in roster would show up as default when exiting a game session.
- Made updates to UI and menus to improve multiplayer status messaging, such as when a player joins your lobby.
- Made an update to the Halo 2: Anniversary “Legacy” Stick Layout.
- Made stability improvements across multiple titles for campaign and multiplayer.