Call of Duty Black Ops 2 – Apocalypse DLC trailer. Take a peek at the new maps inbound from August 27th first on Xbox LIVE. 4 new Multiplayer Maps (OK so 2 reimagined) but the mother of all Zombie experiences with Origins that brings back the original cast from the first Black Ops!
Check out the trailer above and hopefully look out for our review of Apocalypse in due course. (Wink Wink Nudge Nudge Activision if you’re reading).
Start saying your farewells to Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 II as the ‘Apocalypse’ hits on August 27th. As the game’s fourth and final DLC Pack it is set to deliver four thrilling and diverse multiplayer maps, and the all-new wildly creative Zombies experience – “Origins”. You might have watched that weird trailer a few days ago somewhere else on the internet?
Treyarch Studio Head, Mark Lamia has quoted that it’s the “most epic Zombies experience to date. Apocalypse is a DLC pack that our fans will never forget.”
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Apocalypse delivers four diverse multiplayer maps
- Pod: A failed utopian community from the 70’s has left stacks of dilapidated residential pods nestled into an abandoned cliff side in Taiwan. Its residents long gone, the modernist compound now hosts frenetic combat as players must run atop the pods, as well as navigate their multi-tiered interiors for a strategic edge.
- Frost: Fresh snow meets explosive gunpowder in this snow-capped European city, where the bridge over a frozen canal separates it into two sides, requiring players to employ multi-level traversal strategies to outsmart and ultimately outshoot their enemies.
- Takeoff: Fans of Stadium from the original Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike DLC will find themselves at home on Takeoff. Marooned in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, this remote launch site is all about close-quarters combat, combining tight corners with open spaces for intense encounters.
- Dig: An adaptation of the fan-favorite Courtyard from Call of Duty: World at War, where two archeological dig sites in Afghanistan become the perfect playground for combatants eager for hectic, unceasing confrontations. Treyarch, has retained the spirit of Courtyard with two major chokepoints, a wide open layout and raised platforms, but has provided fans with a fresh take on the multitude of paths.
In addition to the four maps, Apocalypse also contains Origins, the most horrifying and imaginative Zombies experience to date. Players will be deployed to Dieselpunk-stylized World War I-era France where they will encounter the return of the four original heroes from the very first Zombies map, Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Rictofen, as well as hordes of zombies that have overrun trenches and fields, as well as the ruins of a mysterious and ancient location.
Unleashed after the Germans unearthed the mysterious “Element 115,” this next chapter in the Zombies legacy will explore the saga’s origins as players reunite with an unlikely band of soldiers that come together to defeat the greatest evil the world has ever seen, using a period-specific arsenal that includes Wonder Weapons that harness supernatural powers, a diesel-drone and Mark IV tank, as well a new perk machine and power-ups – and that’s just the start. Players will need all the help they can get to succeed in defeating the undead, as well as evading an unprecedented 1,000-foot tall robot abomination. In this stylized undead adventure, they’ll need every advantage if they have any hope of surviving one of Treyarch’s deepest Zombies experiences to date.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Apocalypse will be available first, exclusively on Xbox Live for 1200 Microsoft Points on August 27, with other platforms to follow. Players who have already purchased the Season Pass can download Apocalypse as soon as it becomes available.
Call of Duty Elite, first launched with the release of Modern Warfare 3 and has since become a popular stats tracking tool that can be accessed on the official Call of Duty website as well as console app, but finally it’s now available for Windows Phone 8.
The release has hit the Windows Phone Marketplace and unfortunately is not available for Windows Phone 7 / 7.5 / 7.8 users – this is Windows 8 only.
Access your Call of Duty HQ anytime, anywhere with the Call of Duty Elite mobile app. Track and analyze your multiplayer progress, plus new and veteran players alike can check out Call of Duty Elite TV programming for the latest tips and strategies on how to improve their multiplayer skills. Use Clan HQ to view recent winnings, stats, and leaderboards for your clan. Enlist in Competitions for the chance to earn Clan XP and digital badges.
- Career Summary provides deep statistics on personal play-style, so players can analyze their progress over time.
- Visit Clan HQ for a detailed breakdown of Clan’s stats, Recent Winnings, and more.
- Enlist in Competitions for the chance to earn Clan XP and digital badges.
- Leagues are your gateway into Call of Duty: Black Ops II League Play, giving you an in-depth, per-season breakdown of your division and subdivision standings.
- Review Recent Matches to track your performance on a match-by-match basis.
- Watch Call of Duty Elite TV on the go or in-between games. Get developer tips, strategy programming, custom class overviews, and more.
You can download the Call of Duty Elite App directly to your Windows Phone 8 device via the following link.
It’s time for gamers the world over to mark their calendars, because the ultimate high-stakes Call of Duty competition is coming this April, forever changing the face of competitive eSports. The Call of Duty Championship, presented by Xbox, featuring a $1 million Call of Duty: Black Ops II tournament, will take place in Hollywood, CA 5-7th April.
Continue reading Worldwide Call of Duty: Black Ops II Tournament Could Win You One Million Dollars
Having just recovered from last weekend with a few sleepless nights ranking up my Prestige as fast as my little digital legs could carry me during the Double XP weekend – Treyarch has announced another Double XP Weekend event starting tomorrow! Continue reading Another Black Ops 2 Double XP Event This Weekend
Twitch, has today announced a partnership with Activision and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 developer Treyarch, to bring live streaming broadcasts to Twitch viewers worldwide. This now allowing every gamer to become a broadcaster and share their excitement for the spirit of Call of Duty competition with fans around the world. Continue reading Twitch Live-Streaming Function Now On Black Ops 2
“The revolution has begun!” Say’s Activision as the Call of Duty: Black Ops II Revolution Map Pack is now available on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. What is the first of four Map Packs, Revolution delivers an unprecedented amount of new and innovative content, including four radically diverse multiplayer maps from around the world, as well as a new Zombies map “Die Rise.” Continue reading Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Revolution Map Pack Out Now
It’s been a long time coming, but thankfully shortly before the ‘Revolution’ Map Pack release, a HUGE Black Ops 2 patch fixes a hefty amount of issues and adds additional improvements to the games multiplayer element. Continue reading Finally – The Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 1.05 Patch Is Here
Although one of the worst kept secrets of 2013 (so far – I know we’re only a few days in), Activision and Treyarch has finally released the “Preview” video for the first Map Pack DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 as shown below. Continue reading Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 – Revolution DLC Map Pack Preview
Rumoured for release on January 29th 2013 (and hopefully a double XP event shortly afterwards) – the previously leaked first DLC pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops titled “Revolution”, has now been detailed thanks to hackers from Se7enSins, which was also posted on the official Call of Duty forums. Continue reading Black Ops 2: Revolution DLC Detailed In Full By Hackers