Back in September TiX gaffer Rich Berry posted that a Brazilian classification board had released an image that Bulletstorm had been rated and was heading to Xbox. Just like something from a Mission Impossible film, screen shots of Bulletstorm were also found on a USB stick flooding E3 2016 with rumours about the game. Well it seems all the rumours were true as People Can Fly and Gearbox publishing have officially announced Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition will be released on April 7th 2017.
The 2011 Bulletstorm was Gearbox Software’s break from the Gears of War titles. We have to except that we are in a world of remakes now and it’s only right that the more overlooked titles get a chance at a new market. Bulletstorm has everything the original had and more, it will come with the unique “Skillshot” system that rewards you for executing the most creative and deadly kills imaginable, this adds a touch of arcade to the whole game. Bringing a game bang up to date doesn’t just mean messing with the visuals a bit, so People Can Fly have made Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition 4k compatible, if you can support it. As an added sweetener the king himself Duke Nukem makes an appearance, I’m sold.
Set to launch on Xbox One and Windows PC Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition is the definitive Bulletstorm experience, including:
- The Total Package – All previously-released content including all maps, modes, and more on your favorite modern platform
- New Overkill Campaign Mode – Blast your way through the campaign by starting with an unrestricted arsenal of weapons and Skillshots
- New Echo Maps – Showcase your skills on six brand-new levels for the score-based Echo Mode
- Killer Visuals – Presented with updated models, environments, and animations all running at a smoother framerate than ever before
- The Art of Destruction – Orchestrate masterful kills by mixing fast-paced gunplay with unique kick, slide, and leash combos
- Visceral Audio – Bask your ears in Skillshot glory with newly remastered audio effects
- Duke Nukem’s Bulletstorm Tour – Pre-order the game and get the option to play through the entire Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition campaign as Duke Nukem, featuring a fully rerecorded script and brand-new lines from the original voice of Duke
So just in case you haven’t seen any new games for 2017 it’s time to start your list, put Bulletstorm at the top, I loved the first one so lets hope this bring a touch of nostalgia as well as new content.