While it’s winter here and you might think some cricketers are lazily whiling away the winter, you may be surprised to learn that there is a whole host of players out in the sunnier climate of Australia playing in the Big Bash League. Indeed, it would seem that the final of that very competition is today.
Back in April of last year HES Interactive released a cricket game associated with Aussie cricketing legend, Don Bradman.
This year, it’s getting the next-gen treatment, with a near-identical port of the same game, Don Bradman’s Cricket 14.
The game will feature a full career mode, 360 shot batting and bowling controls, realistic player and ball physics, practice nets, weather, appeals and anything else you could think of in a cricket match except hordes of pigeons invading the pitch. OK, maybe those too.
Developer Big Ant Studios are bringing you this leather on willow goodness both digitally and on a physical disc on the 13th of February, just in time for the Feb 14th launch of the Cricket World Cup being held in Australia and New Zealand.
Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) and Big Ant Studios today announced that “Don Bradman Cricket 14” for Microsoft Xbox 360 will be released later this year.
It is indeed an honour to be able to bring the greatest player to a technology savvy generation of fans in what promises to be the greatest cricket game of all time. Big Ant Studios have been working hard on this title for four years and we at HES are really excited with what they have been able to achieve. It is far superior to any cricket game in the market.
said Sebastian Giompaolo, Managing Director for HES.
Don Bradman Cricket 14 includes:
- Career Mode, allowing you to take control of an aspiring young cricketer and take him through the ranks to International glory.
- Unique Batting and Bowling Controls, giving full 360 Shot control and Line and Length delivery without pitch markers.
- A fully featured fielding system that allows you to run down the ball and slide to prevent a Four, catch a high ball on the boundary rope, or knock down the stumps to take a vital run out. You are always involved in the play at every stage of the game!
- Ball Physics giving realistic Edges, bat pad catches and movement off the pitch.
- A complete player physics system with individual attributes including weight and height – imagine running in a 2 metre bowler to delivery that perfect bouncer!
- Appeal and Electronic Review system allowing for the first time challenges of the umpires decision.
- Practice Nets, Hone your skills to perfection before taking to the field.
- Dynamic time of day, Weather System and Pitch Degradation that are based on real world data with effects occurring in real-time throughout a days’ play.
- The Cricket Academy, allowing for unparalleled customisation of your Cricket experience, creating Teams, players, Tours, Competitions, Match Types and even Umpires.
- More than 4000 Community created Players and teams ready to download and use in game.
- An online Save system that lets you continue your match whenever you want with online opponents.