In a recent post on Battlelog, Dices hub for all things Battlefield, it was announced that as of August 11th 2015 the Battlefield 4 Commander app on the iOS and Android platforms will no longer be supported.
The posting went on to say;
This is not an easy choice, but we believe the time is right to retire the mobile app as we’re seeing more of our Commanders playing on PC and console. This change means that you’ll no longer be able to download the app from Apple Store or Google Play starting today, April 28th. However, if you have the app downloaded already, you can continue to play it on mobile devices until August 11th. Additionally, this change does not affect in any way the in-game Commander mode experience. You will still be able to take the command and lead your team to victory on your PC and consoles!
As a regular user of the app this saddens me as I have spent many hours supporting friends and colleagues when I’ve either been away from home or just couldn’t be bothered to fire my Xbox up.
With this service shutting down does this mean we might be seeing something new coming for a future DICE release that will include mobile device integration, who knows? All I know is I’m now going to have to find something else to do to while I wait to board my plane.
Almost three months after its initial launch on the Xbox One, Ubisoft have finally listened to consumers and removed the companion app requirements that were littered throughout Assassin’s Creed: Unity.
The latest patch that has just released on the Xbox One means that all the Initiate chests that were previously locked away behind the ridiculous companion app, can now be accessed whenever you stumble across them, which means I’m going to be booting that game up later today to collect the rest of them.
As well as this fantastic news, the latest update fixes a variety of other bugs such as random crashes, gear unlocks and textures issues. Unity may have had a rough launch but it’s slowly becoming a great game.
The patch should be available to download now and the full details can be found below or on the Ubisoft site.
Stability & performance
- Fixed numerous random crashes both on Campaign and Coop
Save game & Progression
- Fixed gear and outfit rewards getting relocked
- Added users profile corrector to resolve companion synchronization issues
- Made Initiate and companion app exclusive content accessible to all players
- Fixed the ‘Find Leon’ objective not spawning on Dead Kings Memory 2
Online matchmaking, connectivity & replication
- Fixed various matchmaking and connection issues both in matches and when starting a match.
- Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
- Fixed issues with the My Club feature
Gameplay (navigation, fight, stealth)
- Fixed issue with Arno losing control after trying to launch Initiates from the pause menu
- Fixed minor navigation issues
Menus and HUD
- Fixed issues occurring when hacking gears
- Fixed additional issues with notifications
World & 3D
- Fixed some minor FX and texture issues