The dictionary defines being Extinct as died, no longer exists, destroyed or defunct, but that definition does not apply to new IP “Extinction” from Iron Galaxy Studios and Maximum Games as today’s announcement is the new beginning for this title!
If you’ve heard of a certain game called Destiny then you will be aware of the work of Iron Galaxy Studios. They were put together in 2008, primarily to assist on other developers games in porting them to other platforms. However they were the developers for the Xbox Kinect game “Wreckateer”.
“As far back as anyone can remember, humanity has been at war with itself. For generations, kingdoms have fought amongst themselves while the real threat loomed in the distance. Only those trained in the ways of the ancient order stand a chance at defeating the 150-foot-tall ogres and the armies that trail in their wake.”
You are one of the world’s last sentinels, a soldier named Avil, equipped with the skills to battle the endless wave of Ravenii.
In Extinction, you’ll fight massive ogres and their minions across a sprawling countryside, defending cities and rescuing native villagers torn from their homes. Swiftly define your strategy as hordes attack from the ground and air. Use the dynamic skill-based combat system to your advantage, tactically disarming and dismembering enemies before going in for the kill.
“Extinction is 100% power and adrenaline,” said Kraig Kujawa, Game Director at Iron Galaxy. “We’re really happy with the fast, fluid feel of the game and we’re looking forward to showing it behind closed doors at E3!”
“As the protagonist tasked with a huge undertaking – both in fighting enormous ogres and saving humans from disaster – each player’s experience will be varied, as the landscapes and battle situations are never identical,” said Derek Neal, Executive Producer at Maximum Games.
- Features include:
Deep Story Campaign. Protect the human population across an abundant story campaign, rescuing as many civilians as possible and taking down brutal opponents.
- Dynamic Side Missions. Complete numerous side missions with various objectives, earning upgrades to aid you in your campaign.
- Skill-Based Combat. Travel horizontally and vertically, perform wall runs, and use your whip as a vault to perform devastating air assaults. Master dynamic combat maneuvers to effectively traverse the giant beasts and expose their weak points, progressing along different skill trees to develop a path best suited to your playstyle.
- Interactive Environment. Move freely around a fully destructible environment, and use objects throughout the world to your strategic advantage.
- Innumerable Battle Scenarios. Every battlefield is different from the last, ensuring a unique combat situation each time you play.
- Custom Battles. Create unique battlegrounds with varied objectives, and challenge players online to compete for the top score.
Extinction Mode. Fight off a continuous horde of assailants as wave after wave of ogres and their minions attack without relent.
No release date has been announced yet but Extinction will be shown behind closed doors at E3 next week.