Klei Entertainment are happy to announce the Mark of the Ninja Special Edition DLC! Although the original Xbox LIVE Arcade hit was built to be a complete experience, both in terms of its mechanics and its narrative. But after the tremendous response Klei received, they felt something special should be done for all their supporters.
We rated the game 9.5/10 when it was released September 2012:
Mark of the Ninja from Klei Entertainment is every bit as entertaining and gripping to play as you’d expect from a Ninja game. Featuring many stealthy challenges and a persistent need to keep pushing forward with the story all within a spectacular 2D visual display of a dark, gritty world for your survival. You’ll never want it to end
SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
- A new level, set in a flashback to the early life of Dosan (the enlightened tattoo artist) that will set the stage for the events that transpire in Mark of the Ninja.
- A new style of play, which includes a nonlethal takedown ability, and provides a hybrid of lethal and nonlethal approaches to the game.
- Two new items, one more geared to stealth and concealment and one a bit more direct. Both the items and the new play style will be available in the main game as well as the new level. (more details at a later date).
- Finally, we’ve added a ton of developer commentary to the main game. All the original levels will feature a number of commentary nodes that discuss various aspects of the game’s creation, anecdotes, at least two history lessons and other behind the scenes info from nearly everyone on the team.
- Developer commentary has been fully localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese. (Additional details below.)
For anyone who has already played Mark of the Ninja, the dev’s are hoping the Special Edition will give you a reason to revisit the game with both new challenges and insights, much as you’d watch the director’s commentary of one of your favourite movies.
The Special Edition will be available as DLC on Xbox Live Arcade this Summer. Pricing not yet announced.