Today marks the 2nd Birthday of Minecraft on Xbox 360 and they are celebrating with free content and special deals. No word yet on a release date for the Xbox One edition of the smash-hit block building game, but if you are still enjoying the Xbox 360 Edition then get ready for some great content this week.
Available for FREE from today 9th May to 18th May: The original “Birthday Skin Pack” plus a brand new “2nd Birthday Skin Pack” including characters from Halo, Fable, Banjo and Viva Piñata.
Also from today 9th May to the 11th May: You can receive 50% OFF Skin Packs and Texture Packs (not including any of the Marvel products).
Indulge your sweet tooth with this sugar-coated texture pack that is now available to download from the Xbox 360 Games Marketplace. If you enjoy Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition, then now is the time to sweeten your Easter with this digital scrummy pack of yumminess in all its blocky glory for just 65p!
If you want to recreate some kind of ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ scene on your console then head on over to this direct link to download the Candy Texture Pack. Be sure to look out for Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition’s 2nd Birthday DLC in the coming weeks.
ThisisXbox.com scored Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition 100% on its release:
In a console gaming world that often faces accusations of lacking invention and innovation we now have Minecraft, a game that can be whatever you choose to make it and that alone is something very, very special indeed.
Minecrafter’s – well Xbox 360 Edition builders , the next title update for the game has hit the Microsoft Certification process and will eventually find its way to your console via the medium that is Xbox LIVE.
Here is a list of some (if not all) of the improvements you can expect to see in the coming days or weeks.
- Fix for explosion lag issue on clients in an online game.
- Fix to remove any Fireballs hanging in the air in a save game.
- Fix to only show the spawn limit message to the player attempting to spawn something.
- Fixed the terrain mipmaps to have the updated version of the gravel texture in them.
- Fix for the spawn limit overrun when shearing or breeding Mooshrooms
- Increased the limit for Paintings/Item Frames, Villagers, and Snow Golems in a world.
- Display a message when the maximum Paintings/Item Frames are reached.
- Display a message when the user tries to put an animal in Love Mode when the spawn limits have been reached.
- Display a message when the user tries to spawn an enemy from a Spawn Egg in Peaceful mode.
- Reduced Ghast sound volume
We blatantly robbed and copied this from OXM.
You can read our review of Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition from this direct link, and if you haven’t yet bought it – it is available (obviously) on the Xbox LIVE Arcade or from June 28th on an actual disc from retailers…
…an actual real disc!