Neverwinter. It’s an enigma. The game is simply massive and has a dedicated and loyal fanbase. Cryptic Studios have announced a treat for all the fans of the game on Xbox One.
Released today and called Neverwinter: Elemental Evil, this will bring together content from four expansions, all in one update. This will include content from the following expansions, Elemental Evil, Fury of the Feywild, Shadowmantle and Curse of Icewind Dale all previously released on PC.
What do you get for your free update?
- An increase in your level cap to 70
- Eight new adventure zones
- A new playable class of Oathbound Paladin
- Icewind Dale
- The Dread Ring
- Malabog’s Castle, Valindra’s Tower and Kessell’s Retreat
- Minsc and Boo join adventurers in the fight against the Cults of Elemental Evil
- Increase in companion quality cap from epic to legendary
- Maximum level increase for all professions
- Vote-to-kick changes
- Achievements have been fixed
Make no mistake, this is a massive update and will include any post-update fix that has been applied to the PC expansion version too.
Rob Overmeyer, executive producer of Neverwinter is excited to bring this to Xbox One,
We’re thrilled to bring Elemental Evil to Neverwinter’s Xbox One community of over 2 million players. With six expansions’ worth of free contents released since launch, our team continues to support Neverwinter and its players with all new locations along and outside of The Sword Coast filled with challenging dungeons to crawl and wicked monsters to battle. We’re excited to continue our support with the Strongholds expansion in 2015.
No doubt, if you’ve already fired up Neverwinter, there’s a good chance that you’ve already got, or are downloading this update. Let us know what you think below and while you’re waiting for the download to finish, have a sneaky look at the Elemental Evil release trailer.