Microsoft has today outed some technical details about the internal components that will house the XBox One – mainly the SoC (System on a chip) today at Hot Chips 25. SemiAccurate has uploaded a few slides to show those with more technical knowledge exactly what a beast the Xbox One is in terms of it’s power and capabilities.
- Modified Jaguar x86-64 cores, two clusters of 4 cores
- 47MB of cache
- 8G DDR3 and 8G FLASH
- Coherent Shared Memory
- Modifications for memory sharing & bandwidth (HSA HUMMA)
- Audio offload processor 15 GFLOPS
- DX11.1+ GPU @ 1.71 BILLION POLYGONS A SECOND
- 264GB/s total mem bandwidth
- GPU CONTAINS 15 co processors
- +500 GB HARD DRIVE
Unfortunately the gaming world still has no fixed release date for the Xbox One console regardless of it’s impressive on-board chipset!
Thanks to REDAVUTS STUVADER for the news tip via SemiAccurate