EA have announced that NBA Live 19 will be released on September 7th. Hardly a shock and hardly any details were revealed beyond the release date and what appeared to be in-engine footage. It looks pretty enough, though. Check out the reveal trailer below:
The hype train for Curse of Osiris, expansion one for Destiny 2, has departed from Bungie HQ and is on the route to launch – December 5th.
A huge shout-out to Mesa Sean for doing Cayde’s work and providing the Tower with the stream.
A brief rundown of what came out of the stream is below. To note, there will be a couple of addition streams between now and December 5th, so any information we have now may not be in full context – as is the way of the reveal.
- Osiris will be found inside the Infinite Forest.
- The Infinite Forest is a location that will allow players to venture to Mercury during several time-periods – The past, showing a lush untouched world, and the future (The Dark Future), showing the world around our own dying sun. There will be other time periods, too. The long rumoured ‘procedurally generated content’ of the Infinite Forest hasn’t been confirmed nor denied; however it was stated that different combinations of enemies and locales will be used each time you enter. This of course could simply be a small number of slight changes in group makeup, boss rotations and the like. I do look forward to finding out!
- The story, reported to be around three hours (via IGN), takes place roughly three months after the ending of Destiny 2’s main campaign.
- The release of the light from The Traveller is what has sparked the events on Mercury.
- Ikora appears to be the main Vanguard present in this expansion.
- There will be a female Ghost – a series first. Fail-safe just got put on notice!
- Heroic Strikes are returning.
- The raid content is a Raid Lair (not layer).
- It will be a short experience, featuring new encounters, puzzles and an end boss.
- It will require power level 300 – as will the current raid. So, sorry to a fellow contributor here on TiX – El Simon – who wanted to breeze through the raid at 335.
- It will feature a prestige mode, new loot, and a lot of dying.
- There is a slot on the raid screen for the second raid Lair in expansion two – due in Spring 2018.
- Mercury itself will have feature the biggest public event to date in Destiny.
- The Lighthouse will have a glyph area.
- You unlock glyphs on the wall as you progress through story, both main and postgame, to unlock new weapon quests.
- Brother Vance returns!
- He will be an engram NPC, as well as have a role in the story!
There was so much to take in, but the gist of it is this – it is Destiny, with more Destiny. I look forward to the following streams, where I hope we’ll get information on quality of life changes – I am looking at you: repeat extoics and tokens. So. Many. Bloody. Tokens.
On a personal note, I am happy to be able to drop some WiiYD content again. Life as a Guardian has been trying recently, but the overlords at TiX have been supportive and have allowed me time to flounder in my own Vex milk. Drop them a Tweet, if you feel so inclined, and let them know that you love them. Or like them. Or don’t not dislike them. Your call.
Rumours about Destiny 2 being imminently revealed have been floating around for about a week now, and with Activision confirming the sequel would be hitting shelves this year back in February in their Fourth Quarter 2016 results, it’s no surprise to finally see something official.
Destiny 2 was announced a couple of hours ago (at time of writing) with a rather unceremoniously posted image on the official Destiny Twitter.
Details on the sequel unfortunately end there, but E3 is fast approaching so we won’t have long to wait until we find out what’s next for the FPS MMO.
Square Enix have revealed that Murdered: Soul Suspect, which was originally slated for an Xbox 360 release, is now slated to make an appearance on the Xbox One.
It is certainly an intriguing pitch. Ryan O’Connor is a detective that is out to solve his own murder in his current poltergeist-like form.
Murdered: Soul Suspect is certainly an interesting looking IP. I personally look forward to trying it out upon its release on March 2014. Yup, next month.
Now we’ve known about this for quite some time. It was leaked about a month ago that the 4 DLC characters in the Injustice Season Pass would be Lobo, Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion. Now, Lobo and Batgirl have come into fruition. So we’ve just been waiting on Zod and Scorpion. Continue reading Scorpion Confirmed As Next Injustice: Gods Among Us DLC Character
You have about six seconds to cram all that into your brain and then try analysing what you have seen…
Infinity Ward has uploaded a very short video to their Vine channel, but due to finicky embedding I have a youtube version above.
Roll on May 21st 2013, when all will be revealed – well, hopefully multiplayer too since Activision has a habit of dishing out the information on that aspect to Call of Duty usually around E3 time.
The official EA Sports FIFA Twitter page has today let it be known that the official reveal for the yearly title will be coming tomorrow. Continue reading FIFA 14 Will Be Revealed Tomorrow
EA has in part launched the official Battlefield 4 website by giving the game its very own spot on the battlefield.com servers. The award winning franchise from EA and Dice is teasing an image of the game and quotes: “The more fans who log in, the more we’ll reveal.”
After much speculation, the game will be revealed during the Game Developers Conference ’13 event by EA with the website getting much more information and a first look at Battlefield 4 gameplay on March 27th 2013. If you login with your EA Origin account details, or sign up if not already with Origin – then you will be awarded an “I Was There” in-game dog tag for use in Battlefield 3, as well the option to share the website to reveal more information.
If you’d like to browse you way over to the website now – do so by hitting this direct link.
IGN who might actually know more than they are letting on anyway, has taken their invitation to an EA event during the Games Developers Conference 2013 to report this as a potential Battlefield 4 reveal.
At last year’s Games Developers Conference, EA revealed Medal of Honor Warfighter and Battlefield 3’s Close Quarters content – so a full blown next-gen reveal of Battlefield 4 does seem very likely. Unless the next Xbox is revealed by March 26th when the event takes place (which is unlikely) at least there’ll be a PS4 to gawp at which has already been announced, unless of course you live under a rock!
It is already known that Battlefield 4 has been shown to retailers behind closed doors, and that a Beta is on the cards this year.
We’ll keep you posted when we know more ourselves.
Deep Silver is pleased to present the first gameplay footage from Dead Island Riptide. A nine-minute (pre-alpha) walkthrough as shown below showcases some of the new elements from the game, from using boats to defending hub areas from a zombie onslaught. Continue reading Dead Island Riptide – First Gameplay Footage