The revolution has begun! Sanctum 2: Road to Elysion, the first of four DLC expansion packs for the tower-defense/FPS hybrid Sanctum 2, launches today on Steam. From Swedish indie developers Coffee Stain Studios, Road to Elysion is centered around a new shadowy playable character, TSYGAN, as she reveals the sinister origins of the conflict on LOEK III. Delivering intricate maps, advanced new weapons, uniquely cool perks and sadistically enhanced enemies, Road To Elysion delivers a thrilling, intense chapter to the Sanctum universe.
We’ve packed Road to Elysion with a ton of new stuff. Above and beyond the gameplay additions we’ve incorporated into Road to Elysion, the new playable character TSYGAN adds an interesting, darker dimension to Sanctum 2 that I think our fans will love.
said Anton Westberg, CEO of Coffee Stain Studios.
Key Features Include
- New Playable Character – TSYGAN, the “Rogue Insurgent”, reveals the sinister origins to the colonization of LOEK III.
- Diverse Maps – Four new maps with exciting gameplay elements adding refreshing new tactics and replayability.
- Two Mega Powered Weapons – Take hold of the Rapid-firing Gatling Laser & TSYGAN’s own handheld Ballista!
- Two Distinct Towers – The Range Spire dramatically increases the reach of nearby offensive towers and the Slow Field Dispenser dramatically hinders the speed of enemies to make choke points more effective.
- Enhanced Enemies – With new support monsters that heal and mutate the attacking horde and a vicious new aerial enemy boss, players must be prepared for this heightened challenge.
- Additional Perks – Customize your character even more with six new perks, including a perk that gives you an in-game pet robot that will fight for you.
Combining key gameplay elements of both tower-defense and first-person shooter genres, Sanctum 2 players take on the role of an elite soldier whose mission is to protect the oxygen-producing Cores from hordes of deadly aliens who are threatened by their very existence. The new Road to Elysion expansion pack delves deeper into the main storyline revealing a sinister secret behind the colonization of Loek III. Players set up defensive towers to take out the waves of attacking enemies and then jump head-on into the fray, either alone or as part of a squad in four-player co-op multiplayer.