All hands, this is your Captain speaking, Star Trek Online has had a Fleets update. We are due out of spacedock and all shore leave has been cancelled. Back to your posts and let’s explore some more.
You heard me correctly, Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios’ hit MMORPG based on Roddenberry’s Star Trek universe has had an update that will add several of the PC version’s gameplay options to the classic Star Trek Online on consoles for the first time.
Fleets will add the Admiralty System, Duty Officers, Research and Development and Fleet Holdings. These will offer even more diverse and immersive gameplay to your starship experience.
- Admiralty System – Players who have already reached the rank of Admiral can send their inactive starships on missions to bring back rewards
- Duty Officers – Captains can delegate tasks and away missions to their standard crew members for rewards, while they continue to travel through the final frontier
- Research and Development – This system allows players to craft standard and unique items through a variety of schools, whle also providing exciting crafting tier progression bonusus
- Fleet Holdings – Fleet members can work together to build a full-scale Starbase, Romulan Embassy, Dilithium Mine, Dyson Sphere Spire as fleet-only social areas. Building these facilities also grants access to various bonuses, high-end gear and daily missions
- Two New Reputations – Task Force Omega and Iconian Resistance in Fleets will include a variety of new queues to play and new end-game gear to earn for your captains and starships
Star Trek Online launched in September, with over 1 million Captains signed up to guide their crew to go where no-one has gone before. Completing missions to earn credits, equipment and promotion, Fleets is an update to breathe more life into Star Trek Online and is available now for the free-to-play MMORPG, as long as you’re an Xbox Live Gold member.
Are you a budding Star Trek Online Captain? What are your experiences of Star Trek Online so far? Let us know in the comments, below.