Independent developer Digital Extremes have teamed up with iam8bit to create a range of original art-house merchandise for Warframe. The merchandise will only be available for a limited time only, starting on Friday March 17th, from the iam8bit website – https://store.iam8bit.co.uk/
Firstly, Digital Extremes has remastered 24 tracks from the original score composed for Warframe and its first cinematic quest, The Second Dream, into a 2X LP vinyl soundtrack – and for those of you who prefer, the digital download is also included with the vinyl purchase. The album artwork has been created by celebrated Spanish illustrator Patricio Betteo.
Secondly, the collaboration between Digital Extremes and iam8bit brings a limited edition set of Warframe fine art prints, featuring all 32 Warframes in a stylized blend of Patricio Betteo’s distinctive abstract, illustrative pieces. The art prints are in a 6X6 inch giclee format, printed using archival inks and acid-free paper and available in a randomly assorted bag of five, or in a complete set of 32 for players to collect, trade, and frame. The pre-order window lasts only 31 days starting March 17. The art prints will be numbered to fulfill the quantity of orders received.
Lastly, there are uniquely styled collectible enamel pins created from the highly popular in-game Glyphs, also available for pre-order on iam8bit’s online retail store.
With 26 million registered players Warframe has seen a slow but very successful rise to the ranks that it is at today. After 2016’s “War Within” update that was Digital Extreme’s biggest update so far it may have been hard for them top that and continue to be successful. 2017 However has got a very promising start for Warframe newbies and fans alike. Digital Extreme have announced that their latest update entitled “The Glast Gambit” not very easy to say after a few beers but it shows that Digitial Extremes are serious about holding onto Warframe’s fan base.
Key highlights of The Glast Gambit update feature:
• NEW WARFRAME: Plague your enemies with the Infested powers of Lotus’ newest warrior, Nidus. Spread the Infestation by spawning maggots that seek nearby enemies, manifest plagued tendrils to immobilize foes, and redistribute the damage you take to infected victims.
• NEW COSMETICS: New community-made Customizations from the TennoGen program have arrived on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One! Console players can now get their hands on the Volt Amp Skin, Volt Arrester Helmet, Mag Orbit Skin, Chroma Tarrasque Helmet and the Excalibur Sentient Slayer Skin from the Market to stylize their Warframe.
• NEW QUEST: Nef Anyo has stolen the children of the Mycona Colony, and the Tenno must challenge Nef in The Index and beat him at his own game.
• NEW WEAPONS: Handle new Weapons and Customizations with care as they have been corrupted by the Infestation. HEMA – Wield this symbiotic burst-rifle designed to leech health to forge its ammo, and then restore health with each headshot. HIRUDO – Rip into the enemy with fists of razor sharp cartilage. Steals health with each critical hit. RIVEN MODS: Expand your strength by wielding a new Riven Mod for Secondary Weapons — but know that you must prove yourself before their powers are revealed. THORAC SYANDANA: Drape yourself with the new sinuous spine of Infested anatomy.
Do you know whats the best thing about this is? It’s still free, thats right no money needed so there’s nothing really really stopping you is there?
The Glast Gambit is available now on the Xbox Store.
Warframe, from developer Digital Extremes has launched it biggest update, titled The War Within.
The War Within contains a highly-anticipated cinematic quest as a continuation of The Second Dream – the free-to-play action game’s most played release to date – and drives players a journey through new missions, planets, and stunning lore-filled cinematics. In celebration of this monumental update, Digital Extremes have launched a massive Warframe Prime Gaming Giveaway as a thank you to its community.
They are giving away the following:
Top-of-the-line Origin PC with custom Prime-designed cases loaded with a GTX 1080 Founders Edition graphics card, Intel Core i7 6700k processor, 16GB of DDR4 RAM, and 24″ monitor; plus Razer® peripherals and accessories
PS4™ Pro Gaming Setups – Custom Prime-skinned PlayStation®4 Pro, Sony® 4K HDR 50″ TV, Sony® Surround Sound system
Xbox One S Gaming Setups – Custom Prime-skinned Xbox One S, 4K HDR 50″ TV, Surround Sound system
Top Tier Prime Access Packs (first release of 2017) to be delivered to your game account one week before its released to the public – Prime Access is a premium program offering instant access to the most coveted variants of Warframes and gear
To be eligible for a chance to win, players must log in to play Warframe between today, December 12, 2016, and Wednesday, February 1, 2017, and fill out an official entry form on the official website at warframe.com/giveaway.
Digital Extremes announced at the Game Awards that their new story-focused expansion to Warframe, The War Within, will hit Xbox One this month for free.
With its release, the free-to-play action title will treat players to a journey through a lore-filled cinematic quest including new missions, planets, enemies and more. Additionally, to coincide with this announcement, Digital Extremes is launching a Warframe Prime Gaming Giveaway featuring complete, custom Prime Gaming Setups for PC, Xbox One and PS4 as well as a chance to play the next Warframe Prime gear a week before its released to the public.
For a glimpse of the new quest and player customisation coming with The War Within, check out the videos below:
The War Within quest will push both Warframe and Operator past their limits as they venture into the Grineer Queen’s fortress to unravel mysteries about the Tenno’s past and hidden capabilities. These twisted Monarchs have lurked in the shadows, preferring to let their minions do their dirty work – but now it is time to uncover their true intentions face-to-face. In addition to the cinematic quest, The War Within update also includes new weapons, customizations, maps, and enemies, as well as a few secrets to be revealed closer to launch.
In order to play the quest upon its release, Warframe players must have completed The Second Dream quest and unlocked the Pluto-Sedna Junction. Digital Extremes are also encouraging players to ready their loadouts and don their best-dressed Warframe and Operator before playing the new quest. And if you fancy sharing your load-outs with the Dev team feel free to tag it #TheWarWithin.
Furthermore, as a thank you to the Warframe community for their unending support, and in celebration of The War Within’s release, Digital Extremes have launched the Warframe Prime Gaming Giveaway. Here what you could win:
• Top-of-the-line Origin PC with custom Prime-designed cases loaded with a GTX 1080 Founders Edition graphics card, Intel Core i7 6700k processor, 16GB of DDR4 RAM, and 24″ monitor; plus Razer® peripherals and accessories
• PS4 Pro Gaming Setups – Custom Prime-skinned PlayStation®4 Pro, Sony® 4K HDR 50″ TV, Sony® Surround Sound system
• Xbox One S Gaming Setups – Custom Prime-skinned Xbox One S, 4K HDR 50″ TV, Surround Sound system
• Top Tier Prime Access Packs (first release of 2017) to be delivered to your game account one week before its released to the public – Prime Access is a premium program offering instant access to the most coveted variants of Warframes and gear
To be eligible for a chance to win, you must log in to play Warframe between Thursday, December 1, 2016, and Wednesday, February 1, 2017, and fill out an entry form on the official website at www.warframe.com/en/giveaway. Warframe Prime Gaming Sweepstakes is limited to residents of North America, Finland, France, Germany, Mexico, Norway, Russia, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Some exceptions apply. Full details and rules are available here: www.warframe.com/giveaway.
Lacking funds and in desperate need of a new game to play on your Xbox One? Don’t worry, Digital Extremes’ has got your back as Warframe is making its way to the system today.
Warframe is a fantastic free-to-play co-op shooter that launched on PC back in March last year and has been regularly updated with top notch content.
The game revolves around players picking one of three Teeno classes, completing objectives in randomly generated worlds and earning experience and loot. Don’t let that F2P tag put you off though, as Warframe does melee combat better than most games on the market today.
Microtransactions are available however they are fairly well balanced and mostly just offer boosts and early access to in game content.
If you’ve played Warframe on PC, it doesn’t seem like you’re able to link the two accounts, yet.
Are you going to give Warframe a whirl? Let us know in the comments or tag us on social media what you think of it!