Having the original voice cast in LEGO games wasn’t such an issue back when they just mumbled their lines, but recently the characters in the games have found their voices and begun to recite entire lines from the various scripts the games are based on.
Today, Warner Bros. Games UK have announced that their upcoming LEGO Dimensions has a whole host of voice work from the original actors that the mini figures are based on.
There’s 14 different universes in LEGO Dimensions, spanning game, film and TV, and as the new trailer reveals, the talent on offer includes:
- Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd from Back to the Future as LEGO mini figure versions of Marty McFly and Doc Brown.
- The LEGO Movie’s Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Alison Brie and Charlie Day take up their roles as Emmet, Wyldstyle, UniKitty and Benny – plus numerous other actors from the film.
- The 12th Doctor, Peter Capaldi is joined by Jenna Coleman and Michelle Gomez, who play Clara Oswald and Missy.
- Batman and Harley Quinn join the fun with Troy Baker and Tara Strong voicing the two roles.
- Mechanical monster GLaDOS returns with the voicing talents of Ellen McLain, as does the light-hearted but devious Wheatley, voiced by Stephen Merchant.
- The latest LEGO game, Jurassic World also stomps in on the action with Chris Pratt and Irrfan Khan voicing Owen Grady and Simon Masrani. They are joined by various other members of the cast.
- There are also some unannounced voicing talents from the original cast of Ghostbusters, The Lord of the Rings, The Simpsons and Scooby-Doo.