The monthly Summit is an event all to familiar to those regular players of The Crew and the expansion update that came in the form of Wild Run. Well until recently you havent been able to test you luck and practice for the Summit until the time of the event but this has all changed now. Following the February patch players can now use the Practice Mode to try Monster Truck, Drag and Drift challenges outside of the Summit or Qualifiers.
However like the Event and Qualifiers, Practice mode still ranks you depending on skill but this also means you can get rewarded on your performance bagging rewards in the form of XP, bucks and even car parts.
This wasn’t the only change to come this month and below are some of the other changes you can find.
Improved aerodynamics, better steering reactivity, improved counter steering, improved grip behavior, increased differences between Driving Help/Sport/Hardcore driving modes for:
- Chevrolet Corvette C3 FULL STOCK/PERF
- Alfa Romeo 4C FULL STOCK/PERF
- Hummer H1 FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/DIRT/RAID
- Spyker C8 Aileron FULL STOCK/PERF
- Chevrolet Corvette C2 FULL STOCK/PERF
- Abarth 500 FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF
- Nissan Fairlady Z 432 (PS30) FULL STOCK/PERF/DIRT
- 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF
Bug fixes and improvements
- Friends Leaderboards: Improvements have been made to the friends leaderboards to show their current world ranking.
- Drift trial: Scoring areas have been added. If a player leave these areas he will no longer get points.
- Monster Arena challenges: The scoring have been slightly tuned to be more accurate.
- Summit: Qualifier rewards have been rebalanced.
- Improve vehicle’s picture: Improved quality for vehicles’ icons in the headquarters.
When I logged on the other day I was surprised just how many people still play the game and how the community spirit thrives with players willing to join events, team up and generally cruise around together. So let us know if you still play The Crew, what you think of the Summit Events and the new practice mode. Oh and if you’re ever on and see me, feel free to drop me an invite.