Team17 have announced that they will be unleashing The Escapists The Walking Dead worldwide on Xbox One on September 30th.
The Escapists The Walking Dead merges the gameplay and aesthetics indie game The Escapists with the universe and characters from The Walking Dead. Team17, working in close collaboration with Skybound Entertainment, have taken the very best of both worlds, featuring panels, dialogue and the story of the award-winning comic series recreated in the charming 8-bit pixel art stylings of The Escapists.
Daniel Murray, President of Skybound Interactive said:
The Escapists The Walking Dead is a creative monsterpiece. We believe fans of great games in general will be delighted to play this unique interpretation of Robert’s graphic novel. Team17 shares our belief in empowering independent creators. This game embodies that spirit to a tee.
In The Escapists The Walking Dead players will take on the role of iconic protagonist Rick Grimes, who must lead and protect a band of survivors featuring many of the original comic book cast. Rick and the survivors must secure, survive and escape a number of dangerous environments which faithfully follows the narrative timeline of the hit comic.
The Escapists The Walking Dead features:
- 5 levels following the timeline of the award-winning comic including Harrison Memorial Hospital, Greene Family Farm, Meriwether Correctional Facility, Woodbury and Alexandria
- Comic book panels and dialogue taken from the hit comic series and faithfully recreated in 8bit style
- Weapons including craftable upgrades and iconic weapons such as Michonne’s Katana
- Characters from the hit series. Play as Rick Grimes alongside a cast of iconic survivors from the comic including Carl, Lori, Glenn, Hershel, Maggie, Dale, Tyreese, Michonne, Abraham and Gabriel, all faithfully re-created in charming pixel art style
- Crafting system. Choosing from over 250 materials, you’ll need to craft more than 70 different items to keep your survivors safe including tools like cutters and shovels and weapons such as the modified pistol and rifle.
- 24 bonus collectibles to find
- Leaderboards and Achievements
The Escapists The Walking Dead will be available to download for Xbox One on the 30th September for £14.99 / $19.99 / €17,99 for console.