ATLUS and developer SNK PLAYMORE are releasing a patch intended to address various issues for The King of Fighters XIII, the latest in the legendary fighting franchise – mainly for the issues associated with online gameplay.
The game update coming soon to Xbox LIVE, addresses the following issues:
- Ranked Match Filtering: One of the most requested additions, players may now set conditions for their opponent’s connection. When a player who doesn’t meet the standby conditions tries to enter the Ranked match, a warning message will be displayed and the match cancelled.
- Improved Filtering: Filtering functionality in general has seen dramatic improvements. Previously, certain connection data was not filtered sufficiently and the player had a chance of connecting to opponents with poor connection quality. Now, more aggressive filtering should ensure that players are only matched with opponents who meet their filter settings.
- Improved Connection Antenna: The computation behind the players’ connection antenna, the meter indicating the quality of a player’s connection, has been improved, resulting in a more accurate and consistent measurement.
- Temporarily Saved Custom Match Settings: Players may continue searching for opponents with the same settings as long as the player remains in the PLAYER MATCH/RANKED MATCH menu.
- Character-specific Bug Fixes: “NESTS-Style” Kyo and Iori with the Power of Flames no longer become unresponsive under certain circumstances.
- Additional refinements, fixes, and more!
Having been rated a 9/10 by thisisxbox.com, King of Fighters XIII has enough to satisfy a hardcore audience whilst offering a friendly welcome to the more inexperienced gamers that maybe haven’t been fans of fighters in the past… to check out the full review click this link.