CD Projekt RED has confirmed the street date for The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings Enhanced Edition. At a press conference today in Warsaw, Poland, the developers announced that two different retail versions of the Xbox 360 adaptation of its award-winning PC RPG, The Witcher 2, Dark and Enhanced Edition’s, will hit stores this April.
For the Xbox 360, gameplay has been extended through the addition of new quests and locations, while The Witcher 2’s intriguing plot becomes even more complex with the introduction of major new NPCs who intensify the struggle for power in the Northern Kingdoms. Other enhancements include the game’s user interface, which has been revamped to deliver better control on the Xbox 360, while new targeting, camera and control systems will give players full control of the witcher during the game’s dynamic and tactically rich combat sequences.
The Enhanced Edition Includes – Premium Content for a Standard Price:
* Varies by Retailer.
- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition game on 2 DVDs
- Audio CD containing in-game music
- The Witcher 2 quest handbook for both novice and experienced role-playing fans
- Map of the game world
- Rulebook and interface explanation to help players get started
- Avatar Clothing*
- T-Shirt & Keychain*
- Comic Book*
The Dark Edition Includes – The Higher Priced Package:
- All of the Enhanced Edition Content
- Three Witcher 2-related decal stickers
- All cinematic materials related to the game, including trailers, dev diaries, gameplay footage, interviews and an exclusive, making-of video
- A wolf’s head metal medallion on a chain
- Extensive documentation of the game’s visual assets, covering concept art, cover renders and all the stories behind the art of The Witcher 2. Approximately 200 pages.
- Elegant, thick cardboard box with a wolf head to hold all Dark Edition contents
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, Dark and Enhanced Edition’s, will be released on April 17th, 2012.