Way back in November 2014 a Kickstarter campaign was launched to get Thimbleweed Park off the starting blocks and into development, achieving its target was no problem and has finally been released to the masses. Thimbleweed Park is a Mystery game that has a distinct similarity to the X Files, but I’ll let you be the judge of that, check the trailer out below.
Welcome to Thimbleweed Park. Population: 80 nutcases.
A haunted hotel, an abandoned circus, a burnt-out pillow factory, a dead body pixelating under the bridge, toilets that run on vacuum tubes… you’ve never visited a place like this before.
Five people with nothing in common have been drawn to this rundown, forgotten town. They don’t know it yet, but they are all deeply connected. And they’re being watched.
In a town like Thimbleweed Park, a dead body is the least of your problems.
• From Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick, creators of Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion.
• A neo-noir mystery set in 1987.
• 5 playable characters who can work together… or get on each other’s nerves.
• Not a walking simulator!
• Satisfying puzzles intertwined with a twisty-turny story that will stay with you.
• A vast, bizarre world to explore at your own pace.
• A joke every 2 minutes… guaranteed!*
• Casual and Hard modes with varied difficulty.
• English voices with English, German, French, Italian, and Spanish subtitles.
*Not a guarantee.
Thimbleweed Park is on the Xbox Store now, should you wish you could always download the soundtrack HERE for a small fee.