The staff here at TiX just love E3. In fact we view it as our Christmas Days and Birthdays all rolled into one, with the promise of all the new shiny games that are coming in the next few months (and sometimes years).
But the week before E3 can bring leaks, and the rumour mill definitely moves into overdrive. So, I asked the team what they want, need and expect to find in Santa’s bulging sack of E3 announcements in 2017!
Just to point out that we are currently as clueless as an Elf as to the content of this years show, there’s no insider knowledge in what we are predicting, but if we get a few things right then its obviously because we are extremely clever! Oh, and one or two of us may possess a magical time machine!
- Microsoft to announce a new Fable game is in development – Obviously Fable Legends was canned in 2016, but can MS let this amazing IP die? My bet (hope) is that Rare is secretly working on it.
- Scorpio will be called Xbox One X, which is a popular prediction here at Tix, and will be under £400 at launch.
- At least one game from Xbox will be available NOW (Cuphead/Below maybe).
- There will be an announcement of a Halo game like Reach or ODST
- Halo VR will come to Scorpio
- Steam store comes to Xbox Scorpio to bring Vive support as the VR headset of choice
- EA will have some Lucasfilm folk up on stage. After showing Battlefront 2, we get the big announcement that the Amy Hennig Star Wars story game is set in the current time line and will be a canon story.
- No VR Microsoft device but Scorpio (probably renamed Xbox One X) will be fully compatible with Rift. There will be loads of UWP titles available on day one. Launch will be in mid October.
- Ubisoft will announce new IP. An online multiplayer Pirate game, a cross between AC4 and GTA online. it won’t just be on boats. You’ll build a pirate empire.
- The Xbox Design labs (design your own controller) will be launched in the UK.
- Microsoft will announce Forza 7.
- Original Xbox games to become part of Backward Compatibility.
- Sam Fisher is BACK in a new Splinter Cell game announced at Microsoft’s event. Open-world, lush graphics, and a Spies vs. Mercs mode developed by the Rainbow Six: Siege development team.
- Rare announces a second project is in development alongside Sea of Thieves.
- Xbox event ends with a video message from a new studio joining the Microsoft Studios family. It’s IO Interactive and they’re working on a BRAND NEW IP for Xbox.
- Crackdown 3 will be announced as a Play Anywhere title but only on Scorpio as the Xbox One won’t run the physics engine. But it’ll only be a trailer but then inevitably get delayed and announced at E3 2018!
- Peter Molyneux returns to announce Fable Legends because its no longer cancelled.
- Pie in the Sky would be Elder Scrolls 6… Especially now they’ve released Morrowind for ESO
- I agree that we’ll see something new about the new Crackdown, but there still won’t be a release date anytime soon.
- Bungie will announce the date for the Destiny 2 beta, but PS4 will have early access to it.
So, there we have it, our thoughts and feelings on what we hope to see. Please let us know your thoughts before it all kicks off this weekend!