Wasteland 2 is making the jump from PC to Xbox and it will be playable at this year’s gamescom.
The Director’s Cut is pencilled in for an October 13 release for NA and October 16 for the rest of the world. The Xbox One version will include brand new gameplay and features, a lick of graphical paint and additional voice-overs. Check out the confirmed highlights of the definitive edition of Wasteland 2 below:
- The Director’s Cut: Overhauled graphics with fully redone character and level art, voice-over expanded with tens of thousands of lines, and new features make this the definitive version of Wasteland 2.
- Turn-Based Tactical Combat: Tackle explosive and deadly squad-based combat encounters against the wasteland’s raiders, mutants, robots and more that will test the limits of your planning and tactics.
- Your Squad Your Way: Don’t feel like finding the key for a door? Pick the lock, bash it down with your boot, or just blow it open with a rocket launcher!
- A Huge Reactive Story: With hundreds of choices and consequences at your disposal, with both short and long term reactivity to the players choices and 80-100 hours of gameplay, no two players will have the same experience.
- Huge & Customizable: Dozens of hours of game. Hundreds of characters. Thousands of variations on your Rangers’ appearance. Over 150 weapons. Dozens of skills!
- Enhanced Classic RPG Game Play: Classic RPG gameplay ideas updated with modern design philosophies.