Veteran independent developer and publisher Team17 is proud to see its award-winning franchise make its debut on the next generation of consoles, having seen it already appear on over twenty-five other platforms since the series introduction back in 1995.
Worms Battlegrounds is making its way on to Xbox One and will be available both via digital download and as a boxed copy at certain retailers on the 30th May 2014.
Worms Battlegrounds will be the among the first titles to be released under ID@Xbox, Microsoft’s new program enabling independent game developers of all sizes to produce and self-publish games digitally on Xbox One, of which Team17 are an ambassador.
Worms Battlegrounds features:
- 25 single player story missions
- 10 ‘Worm‐Ops’ time attack missions
- 5 environments: Inca, Viking, Feudal Japan, Industrial Revolution and Prehistoric with day to night lighting transitions
- Multiplayer Deathmatch and Fort modes with online and local multiplayer for up to four players
- Stunning graphics and gameplay running at 1080p 60fps
- Landscape editor
- Clan support including clan emblem editor
- 65 weapons and utilities including 10 outrageous new items: Mega Mortar, Gravedigger, Winged Monkey, Oxygen, Worm Charm, Bovine Blitz, Whoopsie Cushion, Teleport Gun, Aqua Pack and The Equalizer
- Physics based contraptions
- Over 200 individual customisation items for the worms
- SmartGlass companion app. Keep track of your stats on the go! (Xbox One version only)
Worms Battlegrounds is due for a 30th May release for Xbox One and will be available both via digital download and as a boxed copy at certain retailers.