UPDATED: OUR E3 LIVE STREAM PAGE CAN BE ACCESSED VIA THIS DIRECT LINK. BOOKMARK TO WATCH MICROSOFTS E3 2012 CONFERENCE LIVE ON JUNE 4TH 5.30PM UK TIME
FIRST OF ALL… WHAT IS E3?
E3 (or the Electronic Entertainment Expo) is the most important videogames show in the world. It’s where all the big news is announced. For videogames, it’s like the Oscars, the World Cup and Christmas all happening at once. It’s pretty big. And it starts on Monday 4th June…
It usually happens in two phases. On the Monday and Tuesday it’s all about the press conferences. All the big console manufacturers and games publishers hold big events to show off their new stuff and grab the headlines. Then from Tuesday afternoon onwards the showfloor itself opens up at the Los Angeles Convention Centre. This is where E3 attendees can see and play all the new games, and also where loads of crazy stuff goes on…
Most important of all, every year at E3 Xbox holds a press conference (or Media Briefing as it’s sometimes called) where they about all the cool stuff that’s coming up in the next year.
XBOX MEDIA BRIEFING? THAT SOUNDS COOL. CAN I WATCH IT?
Course you can! You can either sit on an 11 hour flight to LA then scrap with thousands of other journalists to get into the press conference in person. Or you can make a cup of tea, sit back in your favourite chair and watch it live from the comfort of your home. And this year, for the first time EVER, you’ll be able to watch it on Xbox LIVE if you are an Xbox LIVE Gold member!
This year the Xbox E3 2012 Media Briefing takes place at the Galen Center in Los Angeles at 5.30pm UK time on Monday, June 4. It will last for 90 minutes. Here’s how you can watch:
- On your Xbox via Xbox LIVE (Gold members only): The Xbox E3 2012 Media Briefing will be live streamed via an application that you will be able to download on the morning of Monday, June 4.
- On Xbox.com: You can watch it live and full screen on www.Xbox.com/e3
- On Facebook: Watch it on the Xbox UK Facebook page in a Facebook app, which will go live later this week.
- On your mobile phone: If you are out and about when the Media Briefing starts, don’t worry! You can also watch it live on your mobile phone via the Facbeook app. Most smartphone handsets should work, including Windows Phone 7, iPhone and selected Android handsets.
Once the press conference is finished you’ll be able to catch up, see highlights, or watch it again in its entirety (it will take a little while for the full Media Briefing to be ready for re-viewing):
- On Xbox LIVE you’ll be able to watch the full media briefing again and highlights via the app. You’ll also be able to see the hottest new trailers and announcements in the E3 experience, which will go live on your dashboard after the Media Briefing ends.
- On www.Xbox.com/e3 there will be highlights and a full archived stream so you can watch the whole thing again.
- On the Xbox UK Facebook page more highlights and the full stream to watch again.
- On your mobile phone you’ll be able to see the full stream and highlights via the Facebook app.
WHAT ELSE IS HAPPENING AT E3 2012?
Lots and lots of cool stuff… Look out for the biggest announcements, the hottest new trailers, photos and news direct from the show and the parties, and probably some weird stuff too.
If you’re interested in other games publishers (like EA or Activision) or even other consoles (we don’t mind. Not much, anyway…) you should check their websites before their press conferences – usually they do live streams too!
Here’s what’s happening and when, all in one handy place for you (we might update this list as more things are announced):
MONDAY JUNE 4:
Xbox Media Briefing, Galen Center, LA: 9.30am LA / 5.30pm UK EA Press Conference: 1pm LA / 8pm UK Ubisoft Press Conference: 3pm LA / 11pm UK PlayStation Press Conference: 6pm LA / 2am Tuesday UK Xbox Showcase Event: 8pm LA / 4am Tuesday UK
TUESDAY JUNE 5:
Nintendo Press Conference: 9am LA / 5pm UK E3 Showfloor Opens, LA Convention Center: 12noon LA / 8pm UK Xbox E3 Booth After Hours Event (presentations and hands-ons):6pm LA / 2am UK
WEDNESDAY JUNE 6:
E3 Showfloor Opens, LA Convention Center: 10am LA / 6pm UK
THURSDAY JUNE 7:
By Thursday things are usually winding down, and the showfloor closes on Thursday evening.